The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Ryan Kesler with Anaheim

AriGold

I can taste lots of sour grapes in this thread.

All of you would be jumping for joy if he signed that contract with the Canucks with the Sedins 'slowing down'

I can taste lots of sour grapes in this thread.

All of you would be jumping for joy if he signed that contract with the Canucks with the Sedins 'slowing down'

Lolwut? No, I'm happy he's gone AND that he's saddling one of our division rivals with that contract. Result!!

GL on that term. Common belief is that the Ducks intend to buy it out a few years in. Wonder if they try too soon, will the NHL penalize them?

There's no way Canucks would have given him this contract. I think most people wouldn't be happy if we did. Which means we'd be trying to trade Kes again, as an impending UFA. Sbisa, Bonino, Dorsett and McCaan don't look so bad now ;)

I just cant see why we resigned him for so much when could of got erhoff or franson just some one who is good

I realize a lot of people doubt Sbisa - I think he improved vastly over the course of last season and will continue to, particularly if he winds up with a more complementary partner, but as far as I'm concerned, ehrhoff and franson are two players I hope this team keeps it's cap space away from.

i always see this term on cdc... Has anyone ever had sour grapes? I've never had a single sour grape. Had wine grapes before but they were more dry tasting rather than sour.

Join the CDC 'whine' club. You'll experience lots of them.

The guy is a 1B center with a high end two way game. He can help shut down the best players in the league, while scoring goals and giving it 110% during the playoffs. He's worth this and more, especially with the cap raising. In FA He'd probably get 7.5+

Kesler and Lack have the same agent. It becomes clear now as to why we traded Lack over Markstrom.

Kesler and Bieksa have the same agent.

Turris. Johansen. Dubinsky. All holdouts.

But I don't think this means much. If an agent gets his player more money, longer term, or gets a trade done, then he's just doing his job. And salaries are going up around the league regardless of agent.

Archived