The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat rookie season montage

TheRussianRocket.

Don't bother asking about the intro and ending...know just as much as the next guy does ::D

Love Bo. Way he carries himself and behaves, reminiscent to how Linden was when he was the leader. Bo plays a similar game to that of Trev's too. Special player, and this was just a few clips from his rookie season. Sky is the limit to how great of a player he can become. Has the tools and the attitude. Can't wait to see what he does for an encore this year :]

Bo was never slow (to a fault, at least). His main thing was adjusting to the NHL pace, which meant skating at full speed more often. In junior, he often paced himself to conserve energy since he typically played more minutes per game in London.

Of course, his skating has gotten better, but it wasn't that much of an issue to begin with.

Bo was never slow (to a fault, at least). His main thing was adjusting to the NHL pace, which meant skating at full speed more often. In junior, he often paced himself to conserve energy since he typically played more minutes per game in London.

Of course, his skating has gotten better, but it wasn't that much of an issue to begin with.

Yeah that's what I thought. However, the way he goes to the net full speed sometimes is really impressive

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Just want to say "hi".

The highlights in the video showed that Bo had good speed. And I can only imagine his skating will improve along with other aspects of the game this coming season. Can't wait...

Technique and getting stronger as the season progressed are not valid reasons?....if your insinuating steroids or something...well that's really just silly.

Not just silly. I would say ban worthy. That statement is lower than low in my book.

The crap our fans come up with to denigrate our team and our players never ceases to amaze me.

I'm just saying I hope it isn't usually people don't improve their speed as much as Horvat managed to in a single offseason. I know he worked hard on it. But it's hard to go from one of the slower skaters on the ice against prospects to one of the fastest skaters on the ice in the NHL in a single season. It isn't that silly really to be suspicious.

Reminds me of another guy who "can't skate - total pilon (as prospect)" in lucky Luke - Horvat's rookie year is was easily on par or better than Kesler's, who's skating also improved a ton the first few years.

Archived