The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

28 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

2.20 for the first 50%
2.50 for next 50%

Might hold 10% back at 2.50 if a DA looks like it’s close. 

bought in at $1.84 for some reason but won't complain.  set my trigger for $2.22.

SOLR.V made me money the last 2 weeks but my real winner and I'm kicking myself is SAENF today...WOW.  I bought my SOLR and thought I should drop more than 2000 shares in to it but for some reason nope

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:01 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

Take this for what you will.. My moms next door neighbour ( the biggest dog I know in investment) send her this text, which she of course sent to me.

"Thankyou Merry Christmas buy PUBM going to be a wild ride" - That's the exact text.

He put me onto TTD @ $337 on June 4th (I didn't buy), it's $931 6 months later. I know he bought 3400 shares just prior to when he told us.

I'm gonna look very very deep into this tonight but wanted to see if anybody knows anything about PUBM ?! I have no idea...

Been holding onto PUBM for a little bit. Starting to take off. Thanks for this one.

Ks3BxAS.png

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

bought in at $1.84 for some reason but won't complain.  set my trigger for $2.22.

SOLR.V made me money the last 2 weeks but my real winner and I'm kicking myself is SAENF today...WOW.  I bought my SOLR and thought I should drop more than 2000 shares in to it but for some reason nope

damn, didn't think you were into the little stuff! I took a chance on solr.v, i jumped on 1500 @ 0.28 2 days ago (just as it was going straight up), Im hoping for a bit of a pull back, so i can buy a few more thousand shares

On 1/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

Who else is in CCIV ? Tomorrow should be another wild day, will run in the morning then without any announcement will tail off during the day. I got 1500 shares currently. If this gets announced I expect $50+ within 2 weeks. 

I got in for a small position a week or so ago, thanks ari, or nuckspatsfan! $$$

On 1/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, themcdeal said:

Dont day trade lol. Everyone thinks they're a genius/overestimates their abilities but forget that we're in the longest bull market ever.

A child could've made 100% return over the last few years by just picking a couple names they're familiar with.

Buy and Hold. 

Yeah I made that mistake when I jumped in when the pandemic started, I was fearful on how my job situation was turning out so I was just trying to churn out 1k or so every week. But then had I held (and yes thank god Im still employed), I missed out on a lot of money, I probably wouldve been at least 5X had I held. Love taking profits, but damn its a crappy deal when you miss out on the rocket ship

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

damn, didn't think you were into the little stuff! I took a chance on solr.v, i jumped on 1500 @ 0.28 2 days ago (just as it was going straight up), Im hoping for a bit of a pull back, so i can buy a few more thousand shares

I have a limit of about $2-$2.50 a share price.

I'm only playing with $5000 total to invest in.  Anything I generate over that doesn't get touched only the initial $5000 reinvested.

So I am always looking for low cost things.  I have a number of block chain companies under $0.25 a share and a few other things like warrants and the like but seeing these guys playing with $30+ dollar stocks taking in thousands a day makes my fingers twitch.

Kinda listen to Ari and NUcksPatsFan fairly intently as they seem to know a few things here and there, then do some homework on it.  Otherwise it's a lot of reading the market and futures.

GMBTU began trading today (Queens Gambit Growth Capital) run by Victoria Grace (CEO, Colle Capital Partners), Anastasia Nyrkovskaya (CFO, Fortune Media), Lone Fonss Schroder (Director, IKEA Group and Volvo Car Group)

Anyone here buy units regularly?

29 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

GMBTU began trading today (Queens Gambit Growth Capital) run by Victoria Grace (CEO, Colle Capital Partners), Anastasia Nyrkovskaya (CFO, Fortune Media), Lone Fonss Schroder (Director, IKEA Group and Volvo Car Group)

Anyone here buy units regularly?

I don't buy units, but I do buy small pieces and then put them together on my own. 

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

How the other surface (the big one?) I have a surface book too and its great. I like it a lot better than the surface pro line

It is incredible. I use it for a lot of data analysis and video editing and it works great for both and the screen is unbelievable. Never strain my eyes despite some fairly long hours. It also swivels so that you can use it like an easel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Care to share?

Random stuff

HIVE

CSTR

CBDT

GBLC

Waiting for XBLK to come back online as well.  Nothing that will ever definitively pay off in spades but things that are almost assured a 60% return here and there

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Based on what? 

So.

HIVE is one of the fastest growing facilitators of bitcoin mining equipment in north america.

CSTR has a reported 1463 bitcoins in bank and signed a letter of agreement to essentially triple their mining production

CBDT is using the KAI saliva rapid testing kit and has tens of thosuands of orders to Air canada, Westjet and other Canadian couriers as well as being in talks with delta and southwest at an average of $170 a test which is currently cheaper than other "salivary rapid testing kits"

GBLC is a newer blockchain company but the fastest growing on the west coast and is essential in facilitating the growth of north american bitcoin mining companies.  think of them as the largest and currently most influential advisors in the NA bitcoin growth market.

Essentially these are small cash investments set to pay based on growth, earnings and or the hope of travel and investment in to the bitcoin markets in north america.  I don't have much money in to any of these but a 30% return as I normally set my exits at is almost a certainty for all of them 

• Cheers 1