The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade]Grabner to Leafs

Blueberries

5 logs for a turd

:lol:

Still beats a fart in an outhouse on a hot summers day. Leaf fans being the swarm of flies on the pack...

Play Grabner in top 6, increase value hoping he can stay healthy, flip him at the trade deadline for a significant return.

Nah!

Toronto writers think they have an evil & cunning plan. Sign a series of players nobody else wants. Then trade them for first round pic's at the deadline.

That same genius parade landed them Luongo.

Grabner is hardly the epitome of a battle hardened play off ace!

Grabner and Bozak the new Kessel and Bozak.

At least Grabner backchecks.

Bozak is used to having to supplement one of the league's premier floaters - Grabner might actually be a nice change for him.

In Grabner's defense - he had 38% offensive zone starts and the strongest qualcomp on the Isles last year (in his 34 games) - it's not surprising that his production would dip in that context.

Perhaps he can be their next Mason Raymond - which I do not mean as an insult.

I don't really dislike the idea of picking up Grabner - it's simply the case that the Islanders have been shopping him hard for quite some time with no takers. I'd have thought a team would be able to pick him up without giving up players like Finn, Verhaeghe, Beck and Gibson - while in the midst of what appeared to be a rebuild.

Nothing out of Toronto ever really makes clear sense however.

People like Babcock & LL are trying to exorcise the room of all their past, poor choices.

Had he been in THAT movie, Babcock woulda' b*tchslapped Linda Blair 'til she got straight-A's & maintained a lengthy paper route, essentially gettin her arse outa bed. Woulda' been the proverbial Disney-ending, with no facial hair in sight.

Now how long will it take Babs, Shanny, Hunter, Dubas & LL to tame this beast? Is it even possible to accomplish? Should make for an interesting diversion.

Almost every Canadian market will be an interesting watch(more than usual) this upcoming season. Gonna' need a program for Leafs' shellackings.

I believe the Maple Leafs will be a lot better this season. Their coaching and management is top tier, their prospects led by William Nylander and Mitch Marner are going to be top star players, and they are now loading up their team with talented support players. This will keep their fans really happy now and well into the future. MLSE is running a tight ship.

Leafs will be interesting. They have a lot of plugs that may just make them competitive. However, I don't see a lot of room for rookies to come in.

NYI got a lot of people in this deal. Makes one wonder if the rumours about Brock Nelson are true. If he gets dealt I suspect a lot of picks in return

So the Leafs future top 6 contains Nylander, Kadri, Grabner, and Marner? Talk about soft.

Verhaeghe was a solid prospect, they're gonna regret that one.

This.

photo-thumb-108987.jpg?_r=1368500423 Posted by Melons on 13 April 2014 - 10:45 AM in Prospects & Utica Comets

After watching those Perlini highlights, it seems that the TMLs got their own third-round steal in Verhaeghe last year.

Kid has some hustle. I think he'll pan out well for the Islanders.

The Leafs look to be doing the intentional tank. We know now there is zero chance any of their young, recent draft picks will be on the big club. They clearly believe their current prospect crop is not good enough, so they are in tank mode to get better ones. I'm wondering if Nylander is even in their plans for the future, consider his move to wing, and now acquiring Grabner?

At least Grabner backchecks.

Bozak is used to having to supplement one of the league's premier floaters - Grabner might actually be a nice change for him.

In Grabner's defense - he had 38% offensive zone starts and the strongest qualcomp on the Isles last year (in his 34 games) - it's not surprising that his production would dip in that context.

Perhaps he can be their next Mason Raymond - which I do not mean as an insult.

I don't really dislike the idea of picking up Grabner - it's simply the case that the Islanders have been shopping him hard for quite some time with no takers. I'd have thought a team would be able to pick him up without giving up players like Finn, Verhaeghe, Beck and Gibson - while in the midst of what appeared to be a rebuild.

Nothing out of Toronto ever really makes clear sense however.

Quite the compliment, considering that you had to specify. That's our Raymond.

Not really, they gave up exactly what they meant to give up.

4 contracts - they went from 49 contracts to 45 so now they have the ability to make waiver claims or PTO's.

I agree with you fearless but you can bet that if Benning did something like this, we'd never hear the end of it on CDC. WTF!!! poor asset management. bladdy bladdy blah.

People like Babcock & LL are trying to exorcise the room of all their past, poor choices.

Had he been in THAT movie, Babcock woulda' b*tchslapped Linda Blair 'til she got straight-A's & maintained a lengthy paper route, essentially gettin her arse outa bed. Woulda' been the proverbial Disney-ending, with no facial hair in sight.

Now how long will it take Babs, Shanny, Hunter, Dubas & LL to tame this beast? Is it even possible to accomplish? Should make for an interesting diversion.

Almost every Canadian market will be an interesting watch(more than usual) this upcoming season. Gonna' need a program for Leafs' shellackings.

Sounds like each guy in the Laff's brain trust got to pick a guy to throw in for this trade.

The Leafs look to be doing the intentional tank. We know now there is zero chance any of their young, recent draft picks will be on the big club. They clearly believe their current prospect crop is not good enough, so they are in tank mode to get better ones. I'm wondering if Nylander is even in their plans for the future, consider his move to wing, and now acquiring Grabner?

This trade isn't a tanking trade... They traded prospects in exchange for a top 9 immediate impact player.

Lol

Could be a good Dubas call -advanced Lessons From the NHL’s Surprisingly Sane Summer. Collect a pile of PTOs and a speedy goal scorer, convert to picks at deadline. If it works.

The Isles are on the other side, they've sat on a burgeoning pool for awhile and can afford to throw some wildcard prospects in there while they compete.

Good deal from both sides imo.

Archived