The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders sign Steve Bernier

Probably prioritzed having Nelson sign and clearing room with the Grabner trade as well.

Snow is running his club smartly. This is a good cheap signing.

You sure that clearing cap space was an issue for the Isles? After signing Nelson and before signing Bernier, they had almost 9 schmil in cap space. Doubt that Snow was anguishing over clearing cap space to sign Bernier.

Bernier is terrible. Just another big guy who plays small. Too bad it didn't work out that we got Backes and St Louis stole Bernier away. Instead, both teams matched and we ended up with the dud.

Terrible? Terrible players don't make the NHL. Bernier is a solid 3/4 on a weak team.

Happy he got this contract

Don't think the Isles will break up the Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck line, so I could see them going with something like this if MDC is ready

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo

Dal Colle - Strome - Kulemin/Grabovski/Bailey

Lee - Nielsen - Bernier

Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Definetly have a log jam at forwards, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make another move or two.

Don't think the Isles will break up the Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck line, so I could see them going with something like this if MDC is ready

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo

Dal Colle - Strome - Kulemin/Grabovski/Bailey

Lee - Nielsen - Bernier

Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Definetly have a log jam at forwards, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make another move or two.

It's looking like the islanders don't have a playoff roster. I'm thinking they miss the big dance.

You sure that clearing cap space was an issue for the Isles? After signing Nelson and before signing Bernier, they had almost 9 schmil in cap space. Doubt that Snow was anguishing over clearing cap space to sign Bernier.

It was probably more a $$ issue than a cap issue. The Islanders aren't a cap team by any means and Grabner was due $5 million in salary this year, while only having a cap hit of 3 mill.

Archived