The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado claimed by Toronto Maple Leafs

Just now, The Lock said:

He's right though. I think it's good he's keeping his chin up at the very least.

Techically? He isnt right.

He isn't playing for the leafs. He is practicing for the leafs. I do admire his character for handling this so well and hope that when he gets the chance to play he becomes a solid NHL dman. Never having to sit out a game again.... but his statement is false.

Just now, coryberg said:

Techically? He isnt right.

He isn't playing for the leafs. He is practicing for the leafs. I do admire his character for handling this so well and hope that when he gets the chance to play he becomes a solid NHL dman. Never having to sit out a game again.... but his statement is false.

I don't really care what's technical or not about this. What's technical is not what he's getting at. He's on the team with Toronto with the possibility to play for him hometown team.

Do you tell a kid ice cream's bad for him or let him enjoy his ice cream? ;)

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Do you tell a kid ice cream's bad for him or let him enjoy his ice cream? ;)

We are talking about a kid that is locked in an ice cream shop and can't have any. He hasn't been given a single bite of ice cream.

Anyways you didn't see the humour in my original quote, not going to argue with you.

You are right lock. Corrado is playing for the leafs.... he's just wearing his invisible pijamas :) 

What's the big ado about Frankie Corrado?  The kid is getting an NHL payday as a 22 year old (albeit it's "only" $635K, which is what most of the traders and brokers are making on Bay Street after five years of building their book of business) practicing and traveling with the team...he's 22 and barely good enough to be an NHL player.  Frankie's doing the right thing by keeping a good attitude and waiting for his turn.  Plus, Frankie is probably hanging out with his buddies as most 22 year olds do...and his job is to play hockey while his buds are probably going to a job site to build condos or finishing off their university degrees.  So I'm thinking Frankie is feeling pretty good about things.

8 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

What a joke he could have been gaining valuable experience in Utica and would have definitely played some NHL games in Vancouver by now.  The Leafs should have let him pass....but I guess he probably would have been snagged by another team but still.

if he was born in Alberta or something he clear easily.  It's funny how the stupid Leafs claim players just because of where they are from, its quite laughable how retarded that organization is.

What other fringe 7th/8th dman can garner a 34 page waiver thread?  Honestly just let it go, he isn't worth it the fuss of 'what could've been'.  I bet Benning and Linden would repeat the same move.  The guy came to camp unwilling to fight for a spot on the team and he was sent packing because of it.  That's how you build a winning organization.  Now if they could just cut ties with some of those vets...

26 minutes ago, apollo said:

This is a joke... There's gotta be a rule against it. If you're gonna pick someone up, you should have to play him within a month. 

This is nuts. 

No kidding. It's detrimental to development. Should have to play him right away,  especially since we waived him with the intent to further his development.

1 hour ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

No kidding. It's detrimental to development. Should have to play him right away,  especially since we waived him with the intent to further his development.

Why do you care about the development of player no longer under the Canucks control?

It's water under the bridge as to what the Leafs do with him.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

What other fringe 7th/8th dman can garner a 34 page waiver thread?  Honestly just let it go, he isn't worth it the fuss of 'what could've been'.  I bet Benning and Linden would repeat the same move.  The guy came to camp unwilling to fight for a spot on the team and he was sent packing because of it.  That's how you build a winning organization.  Now if they could just cut ties with some of those vets...

More revising history. That is actually bullcrap. Hutton outplayed him; that doesn't mean he was unwilling to "fight for a spot". Benning spoke with 15 teams about a trade and no-one bit. He assumed it meant he could sneak him through waivers. Benning even admitted as much. But why would a team trade for a player that they could just pick up off of waivers. Benning made an error in judgement.

I know some of you are going to make that into some kind of statement about Corrado's worth. I just don't like people twisting the truth.

19 hours ago, gurn said:

Corrado would make our team now.

Even Biega outplayed him last spring. The only player I would consider moving to make room would be Weber. Corrado's positive was his youth. Any suggestion he did not have opportunity is not true.  

Archived