The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom injured

Me_

The Vancouver Canucks have recalled Richard Bachman from the AHL's Utica Comets to shore up their goaltending ranks.

Canucks goalie Jacob Markstrom has a sustained a lower body injury and was scheduled to be evaluated later Wednesday,

Bachman played most of last season with the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL, finishing with a 2.38 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage in 23 games. He also played in seven games for the Edmonton Oilers, posting a 2.84 goals-against average and .911 save percentage.

The 28-year-old American has played in 42 career NHL games and has a record of 17-14-2.

Source:

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11421270

Seriously? Lower body for goalies usually mean a groin tear. Would be my guess anyways.

Let's not jump right to the worst case scenario. It could just be a pull or mild strain.

Here's hoping for the best because he actually has looked good this pre-season.

Can't catch a break eh?

Primed to be the backup / challenge for the starter role this year, has a fantasic pre-season, and get's injured the day before the season starts.

Won't effect anything, rest him get him 100% and he will be fine.

hopefully Ferland runs Miller really good tonite

A disgrace to true fans you are.

It is in my hopes that, one day, the divide and conquer, seek and destroy mentality of your despicable kind will cease and the Canucks will finally have their fans behind them on their way to a Cup.

Until then, there won't be any Cup to be had; the media and fan are acting counter productive to success.

Archived