The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I like the Nets. Harden undoubtedly makes them better, but also more difficult to cheer for. 

There defence is still ass and this deal doesn’t help lol.

This deal makes them better on paper but I’m not sure if it will pull through on the court.

Also why wouldn’t Houston keep Levert. Now they got 3 recovering stars lol.

18 minutes ago, J-23 said:

This deal makes them better on paper but I’m not sure if it will pull through on the court.

Lol. Yeah. Their defence is trash and Allen to me was one of their few bright spots. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Plus Jordan is their only big man as of now.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Agreed.  If they play LAL in the finals, presuming KD takes LeBron, their C's are going to get killed since Allen's gone, so DJ will have a tough time covering Jordan (plus Gasol can space the floor too, and then there's Harrell...).  Score all they want but they'll have a tough time locking things down.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone jumping on the Brooklyn hype train when the trade went through. They are sucking now and with KD out they are essentially a mirror image of the Wizards.

2 offensively gifted guards that couldn't defend worth a lick. DJ is on his last legs, trading Allen was a mistake. Cavs picked him up for free which was a score, and now they can trade Drummond for assets. Joe Harris is a poor man's Kyle Korver. Dwindiddie was the most competent defender and he's out for the season. I don't see them getting out of the East at all.

17 hours ago, Obsideon said:

Everyone jumping on the Brooklyn hype train when the trade went through. They are sucking now and with KD out they are essentially a mirror image of the Wizards.

2 offensively gifted guards that couldn't defend worth a lick. DJ is on his last legs, trading Allen was a mistake. Cavs picked him up for free which was a score, and now they can trade Drummond for assets. Joe Harris is a poor man's Kyle Korver. Dwindiddie was the most competent defender and he's out for the season. I don't see them getting out of the East at all.

Well.. they're on a five game winning streak...

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Obsideon said:

Bradley Beal wishes he had a similarly all-star level running mate.  Also (though the Lakers were missing AD) they still beat the Lakers which not everyone can do.
I think it probably boils down to either Brooklyn or Philly (if they can get another point guard).  Bucks are probably a distant third given how they use Giannis, and they had a large freefall lately (5 L's).

Raptors rebounding after a dismal 2-8 start to the season.  Time to start thinking of trading for Cousins or Drummond?  Also, all Atlantic teams currently hold a playoff spot.

76ers -> 1st

Nets -> 2nd

Raptors -> 5th

Celtics -> 6th

Knicks -> 7th

I want to say that they're all locks for the playoffs besides the Knicks.  Who would of predicted that the Knicks would have a playoff spot over the Heat this far into the season.

I like Drummond the person, but he’s a below average center, who can only get you rebounds. If you compare him to similar players alike (ie: Capela, Robinson, Gobert, Jordan, etc) all of them are shooting above 55% on the field. While Drummond is at a dismal 47%. His career average is 53%. That’s not a good percentile when you’re only shooting 2ft-5ft away from the basket.

Cousins is too injury prone and a turnover machine. 

John Collins is a player I would look at. Rumour has it that he and Young do not get along and the Hawks are willing to listen to offers. His price might be steep, but he’s in the same age group as the Raptors’ core players. He may be too small to play at the 5, but he can stretch the floor and is a better scoring option than anyone who is currently occupying the center position, atm.

Next year’s lineup:

PG - FVV

SG - Flynn/Davis

SF - OG

PF - Siakam

C - Collins

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...