The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the NBA draft coming right around the corner here's my predictions for the top 5 picks

1. Minnesota Timberwolves -- LaMelo Ball
  2. Golden State Warriors -- James Wiseman
  3. Charlotte Hornets -- Anthony Edwards
  4. Chicago Bulls -- Onyeka Okongwu
  5. Cleveland Cavaliers -- Patrick Williams

Put Williams in the top for the sake of having a "sleeper" pick.  Also got Wiseman going at 2 because he would fill Golden States needs more IMO.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, BoKnows said:

With the NBA draft coming right around the corner here's my predictions for the top 5 picks

Put Williams in the top for the sake of having a "sleeper" pick.  Also got Wiseman going at 2 because he would fill Golden States needs more IMO.

GS will not keep the pick. Guaranteed to move it or move down.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Danny Green and no. 28 for Dennis Schroder... first domino seems to have fallen and the Lake Show has even more help for LBJ. 

Lakers are ripping OKC off.  I don't think Green is worth  much at this point and that late pick is worth squat.  You would think OKC could get more for Schroder.  Its too bad I was hoping all those guys would stay there and grow, they have some nice pieces there.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:53 AM, Russ said:

Lakers are ripping OKC off.  I don't think Green is worth  much at this point and that late pick is worth squat.  You would think OKC could get more for Schroder.  Its too bad I was hoping all those guys would stay there and grow, they have some nice pieces there.

No one seems to think that.

Schroder is one of the worst 1-on-1 defender at his position and has a tendency to turnover the ball. There’s a reason why he primarily plays off the bench. 

Green isn’t expected to put up points for OKC. He essentially replaces what OKC loss in Paul’s defense and quite honestly I think the Thunder are better, on paper, than they were last year (if they can re-sign Gallo). They have more depth, and are in a good position for the foreseeable future, with all those first round picks. 

Edited by shiznak

17 hours ago, Van40 said:

Rumor is Klay Thompson tore his achilles at a open run. 

Sucks cause GS would of likely been the 2nd best squad in the West

Agreed. Not many fans of the Dubs around here, but the league in general is poorer without Klay in it....

On 11/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, BoKnows said:

Just minutes before the draft I caught some mock drafts from a couple reliable NBA insiders and hit a nice bet (+500) on the draft order of the top 4

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Just minutes before the draft I caught some mock drafts from a couple reliable NBA insiders and hit a nice bet (+500) on the draft order of the top 4

My list wasn't horrible.  Surprised that GSW passed on Ball though

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

My list wasn't horrible.  Surprised that GSW passed on Ball though

Ball is the longterm play. Wiseman will make more of a impact immediately and GS needed help with bigs. Jokic and AD are going to be in the West for a while 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Felt like I was watching Chino Hills, Lamelo high school games yesterday, now he in the league. 

NBA offseason continues to be entertaining.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Van40 said:

Rumor is Klay Thompson tore his achilles at a open run. 

Sucks cause GS would of likely been the 2nd best squad in the West

Absolutely brutal, was looking forward to Curry and Klay returning this season.