The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic on the trading block

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Jets will definitely get it done. They are a franchise that, since arriving in 2011, want players who want to be in Winnipeg. That's Hamonic. They won't low ball the Isles, but they'll make sure they get it done.

If a deal is structured around Buff, there would be a lot of moving pieces. While Buff is in the last year of his contract, he's also worth a boatload. It wouldn't simply be Buff for Hamonic + extras. Too lopsided. Most likely Buff + for Hamonic +.

I'm guessing we're offering up Hamhuis + and they're offering up Buf +. Buf's obviously got the better value but what are each offering as +...?

What the '+' is for either team will likely decide unless Calgary does indeed get involved. Not sure if they'd be overly interested though. They're certainly less motivated to make a deal.

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

People suggesting Tanev for Hamonic. Makes no sense. He's our best defenseman and you can count on one hand the number of mistakes he's made all year. Would be a horrible deal for us.

Hamonic is better. If you can upgrade you do. I'd prefer to keep Tanev though as our RD depth sucks.

I wonder if NYI's would raise an eyebrow at Hamhuis (salary retained), Subban +? Hamhuis gives them a top 4 D...though they may want to pre-negotiate an extension and/or want a conditional pick if he doesn't re-sign. Subban restores some of the RD depth they'd miss and has upside plus a few years before they have to worry about waivers etc. 

it sounds like Winnipeg has the inside track,

but what about Hamonic/ Grabovski for Sutter/ Higgins?

Canucks add a D without losing one, the Isles gain 2 NY born players and become more playoff ready.

Grabbo replaces Sutter as a stop gap and can win draws, something the Canucks have not done since Sutter went down.

This is a goddamn blessing in disguise. Big, strong, young right handed defenceman wants to come to Western Canada. He's been playing over 20 minutes a night and is a +5, he's been solid this season.
Calgary are already stacked on the blueline with no room there.

Edmonton may make a serious case for him, they could his a strong defenceman, but so could the Canucks.

JB, give them what they want. Vbrata + pick? Done. I'd be willing to even do Shinkaruk + 1st or 2nd pick.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Hamonic

Hutton - Sbisa

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

2nd pick for sure will be going cause JB loves trading them.

2nd + gaunce/shrinkruk/jansen + pedon/cederholm?

I'm assuming they'll want some help right now, so either Hamhuis or Vbrata will have to go. They've got Pulock in the wings but after him, not much defensive prospect depth.

Personally I'd rather keep Hamhuis and trade Vbrata but they'd want Hammer and don't need extra scoring help. Regardless...

Vbrata + 2nd + Pedan for Hamonic should do the trick.

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

They've stated they want a top-4 ready defenceman. While I'd love to dump Vrbata for him as well - that's not what they're looking for. You'd have to pair him with one of our D going back.

I'd really try selling them on Hamuis + Vrbata for Hamonic + 2016 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Its basically between VAN and EDM because WPG and CGY don't need him

Edm doesn't have top 4 D to send back. As much as they'd love him, they aren't in the running IMO unless NYI change their tune on what they want back.

Wpg has Buf expiring...they'll swap if they can. I think it's between them an us honestly.

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'm assuming they'll want some help right now, so either Hamhuis or Vbrata will have to go. They've got Pulock in the wings but after him, not much defensive prospect depth.

Personally I'd rather keep Hamhuis and trade Vbrata but they'd want Hammer and don't need extra scoring help. Regardless...

I would do that if they add a bit more. Probably a 3rd/mid level prospect.

Would love to get Okpose to but really doubt he is available.

Winnipeg should have an advantage, has the pieces to bring home the local kid.  I see Edmonton or Calgary landing him in a deal, Edmonton if the Islanders want a forward (Eberle).  I'd be surprised if we picked him up but he would solidify our RH side with Tanev and Sbisa.  What could we offer, expiring UFAs such as Vrbata or Hamhuis makes the most sense but definitely not enough to land a top 4 defender on a reasonable contract, not to mention in his prime.

2 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I would do that if they add a bit more. Probably a 3rd/mid level prospect.

Would love to get Okpose to but really doubt he is available.

Other than that they might like him for a cup run...he might be.

Honestly, we as fans don't have much of a clue, but given that JB sees something in Sbisa, I'm sure other GMs do too.

How about Sbisa + Vrbata + Prospect/Pick?

Sbisa isn't a bottom pairing defenceman, so by default, he's a Top 4.

Vrbata gives them extra scoring punch.

Prospect/Pick to close the deal.

21 minutes ago, Fateless said:

They've stated they want a top-4 ready defenceman. While I'd love to dump Vrbata for him as well - that's not what they're looking for. You'd have to pair him with one of our D going back.

I'd really try selling them on Hamuis + Vrbata for Hamonic + 2016 3rd. 

Trading Hamhuis would be dangerous right now, he's a rock for us. I wonder if they'd consider Sbisa a "top-4 defenceman". Trading Hamhuis hurts our chances this season, trading Sbisa hurts our chances next season going forward. Depends what you'd rather.

Personally I'd rather flip Sbisa and keep Hamhuis, re-sign him cheaply next season as a 3rd pairing defenceman while Hutton takes the reigns.

TO NYI: Sbisa + Vbrata + 2nd or 3rd round pick

TO VAN: Hamonic

Otherwise...

TO NYI: Hamhuis + 3rd

TO VAN: Hamonic

Hamhuis might be able to get us Hamonic straight up almost

Archived