The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canadiens interested in Vrbata (Eklund)

canuktravella

This goes back to the rumour earlier this season regarding Canucks & Lars Eller. We probably didn't like the price then. Now Vrbata is not doing well.

I always thought Lars Eller would be a better player with more opportunity. He's had some this season but struggled on the wing. Galchenyuk has been ok and their sometimes linemate Semin isn't even trying for a new contract.

Even though Vrbata is on his final year he's a proven scorer. Maybe they'll throw in a draft pick?

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

As a fan of both teams I can't see Montreal having any interest in Vrbata. He's a glorified 20 goal guy who has been abysmal this season. Honestly if he was in Montreal he'd be parked in the pressbox beside Semin

Montreal needs 20 goal guys. They need to go all in this season, so that means loading up on offense.

Vrbata has been poor, but there's no way this slump continues. Any team that trades for him will likely get the majority of his 20 goals in the 2nd half of the season.

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Montreal needs 20 goal guys. They need to go all in this season, so that means loading up on offense.

Vrbata has been poor, but there's no way this slump continues. Any team that trades for him will likely get the majority of his 20 goals in the 2nd half of the season.

except he's 35 and on pace for 12 goals.  He's been extremely inconsistent throughout his career and only broken the 20 goal mark 5 times over 14 seasons.  Too many "if's"   I'd rather see them use their cap space on someone else that doesn't have so many question marks

Just now, qwijibo said:

except he's 35 and on pace for 12 goals.  He's been extremely inconsistent throughout his career and only broken the 20 goal mark 5 times over 14 seasons.  Too many "if's"   I'd rather see them use their cap space on someone else that doesn't have so many question marks

Well that's why the Canucks wanna trade him. They can use his cap space much better in other areas.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well that's why the Canucks wanna trade him. They can use his cap space much better in other areas.

Right. So why would a team that's looking like an actual contender want him. They already have a soft streaky "proven goal scorer" who can't score  sitting in the pressbox.

Archived