The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks' Trevor Daley available.

Ilya Mikheyev

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Because we need another D-man for this season.

He could be re-signed before July if they're interested in him.

Either way we should only be giving up picks and prospects for 22-26 year olds at this point. Not 32 year olds.

JB stated market for D is at a premium. 

I don't want to pay with any picks for a rental that 'might' sign.

Rather let Biega/Pedan/Fedun get a shot.  

Just now, Fanuck said:

Me too.

But if he does decide to make a move, I hope it's for a young player that has more than year or two left in them.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB has got to stop this play off facade!

Well, that was more for the guys and the media I think..

I like to think most fans knew we were going to be in for a tough season, and depending on who you ask that may not be the worst thing. We're in the mix for a playoff spot but that's largely thanks to the loser point. Next two or three years could be rough.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Well, that was more for the guys and the media I think..

I like to think most fans knew we were going to be in for a tough season, and depending on who you ask that may not be the worst thing. We're in the mix for a playoff spot but that's largely thanks to the loser point. Next two or three years could be rough.

The rougher the better for us come the draft.  June could be really exciting?

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Didn't look very good against the Canucks tonight. He's 32 so would purely be a bandaid sort of guy until Hamhuis returns and help us for the rest of the season, but a 2nd rounder + prospect is far too much for that.

Much rather go after a younger defenceman and pay the premium.

You mean in sacrificing our future for a guy like Hamonic? lol

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Higgins for Daley

Not a bad deal, but to Chicago Daley would have more value than Higgins. 

I still think there is a deal that can be had between Chicago and Vancouver. It's a low risk and probably low reward scenario but it helps both teams - Rundblad for Baertschi. 

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

You mean in sacrificing our future for a guy like Hamonic? lol

Hamonic would give us future back. He's 25, not 32.

I was originally gunning for a Hamhuis + Higgins + 2nd for Hamonic but with Hamhuis out we may need to tweak some things.

Sbisa + Higgins + 2nd + 3rd + Pedan/Biega/Weber for Hamonic + 5th?

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hamonic would give us future back. He's 25, not 32.

I was originally gunning for a Hamhuis + Higgins + 2nd for Hamonic but with Hamhuis out we may need to tweak some things.

Sbisa + Higgins + 2nd + 3rd + Pedan/Biega/Weber for Hamonic + 5th?

LOL Your tweak is to offer them more scraps than before for Hamonic?

Um.... wow?..... don't quit your day job in order to apply for front office lol....

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

LOL Your tweak is to offer them more scraps than before for Hamonic?

Um.... wow?..... don't quit your day job in order to apply for front office lol....

Don't forget Kesler was traded for Sbisa + Bonino + late 1st. I'd consider that 1 quality player for 3 B-grade pieces. These sorts of trades happen.

I don't think Sbisa would be enough of a center-piece for Hamonic, Hamhuis would have been the perfect top-4 guy going back, and I don't think it's worth trading Edler or Tanev because we don't really get that much better with a Edler-for-Hamonic swap.

When Hamhuis returns I'd still be willing to do a Hamhuis + Higgins + prospect/2nd for Hamonic, and that's a steal considering NYI aren't getting many other offers and Snow's hand is really being forced. Horrible situation for NYI and we HAVE to capitalize on it.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Don't forget Kesler was traded for Sbisa + Bonino + late 1st. I'd consider that 1 quality player for 3 B-grade pieces. These sorts of trades happen.

I don't think Sbisa would be enough of a center-piece for Hamonic, Hamhuis would have been the perfect top-4 guy going back, and I don't think it's worth trading Edler or Tanev because we don't really get that much better with a Edler-for-Hamonic swap.

When Hamhuis returns I'd still be willing to do a Hamhuis + Higgins + prospect/2nd for Hamonic, and that's a steal considering NYI aren't getting many other offers and Snow's hand is really being forced. Horrible situation for NYI and we HAVE to capitalize on it.

First of all, Sbisa was 24, Bonino was 26. A late first might be your 2nd and 3rd. If you think Higgins is worth something, Linden eluded in the off-season to them looking to trade him but couldn't.

Second of all, we had 2 teams we could trade to as opposed to the 6 Hamonic has. We also don't have the pieces to offer that other teams like, say, Edmonton has. Benning also decided to make sure the deal was done right away as opposed to Snow riding the waves a bit to see what happens.

Third of all, Snow has clearly stated he wants a similar defenseman in return of similar age. Sbisa is not that defenseman. Hamhuis is not that defenseman. What about Snow's statement have you not understood or just plain ignored? Meh, don't answer that. You probably don't want to anyway as you've seemed completely ignorant of it from the start, which is why a lot of your trades seem skewed. You don't seem to think about the other team, at all......

Just now, The Lock said:

First of all, Sbisa was 24, Bonino was 26. A late first might be your 2nd and 3rd. If you think Higgins is worth something, Linden eluded in the off-season to them looking to trade him but couldn't.

Second of all, we had 2 teams we could trade to as opposed to the 6 Hamonic has. We also don't have the pieces to offer that other teams like, say, Edmonton has. Benning also decided to make sure the deal was done right away as opposed to Snow riding the waves a bit to see what happens.

Third of all, Snow has clearly stated he wants a similar defenseman in return of similar age. Sbisa is not that defenseman. Hamhuis is not that defenseman. What about Snow's statement have you not understood or just plain ignored? Meh, don't answer that. You probably don't want to anyway as you've seemed completely ignorant of it from the start, which is why a lot of your trades seem skewed. You don't seem to think about the other team, at all......

Wow, someone sounds a bit bitter after a Chicago shlacking. Go have a nap, rest up and get up on the right side of the bed tomorrow kiddo.

It's just a suggestion, and quite frankly is all we have to offer that matches the needs of both the Canucks and Islanders. We're in a rare position of power here, if Benning's a good GM he'll use it. Teams get fleeced in deals like this all the time, now's time for us to use this situation to our advantage. NYI aren't getting a star defenceman back, they're the ones who will have to take what they're given or just hold on to Hamonic and leave it a sour relationship. Hamhuis and Sbisa are as close to and as good as Hamonic as we can get - obviously they're not the same so we throw in a bit more value. That's all there is to it.

I'd almost be willing to do a Sbisa + 1st for Hamonic but that'd be far too ballsy for JB.

7 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Too bad we're not in a selling position. Imagine what we could have had for Garrison at this moment in time?

Archived