The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) Jared Stoll and Anton Khudoben

Please JB!!! Just pick Stoll up to solve our centre crisis!!! I wish we had signed him in the first place.... for just $800k!!! Stoll is a proven warrior and this season so far, he's a +3 which means he's no liability on the ice!!! He would make a perfect 3rd C for our team.... just do it FFS.....

21 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

sounds like a plan!!!! but unfortunately we are not in the business of planning for THIS SEASON....

Plus it would let McCann to go to the once in a lifetime opportunity WJC and extend his 40 game limit to beyond Feb.4th 2016

which I am sure Benning is concerned about

7 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

It'd be desperation to sign this guy after how much value they've publicly put into the types of people the players are.

CDC reeks of desperation; much like that single guy who thinks having lots of female friends will land himself a gf.

3 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Well if Benning grabs Stoll off waivers i want to hear his spin on his character.

93 playoff games. Cup. Three finals appearances as bottom six player. AHL and WHL (x2) finals before that. Hard working player who entered the draft twice to end up a 40 point player with lots of experience. 

No point to claiming Stoll. It is evident to anyone that is honest to themselves about this team that they are not contenders, or even legitimate threats this year. Vancouver is a bad team this year, and making any change that would hinder their draft spot for 2016 is not good asset management.

^^ I don't think we'd do it to help win games and salvage the season. Stoll won't give us that much. At best, he'll give us more solid defensive help (particularly for Horvat) that will keep games closer and us harder to play against. He won't add offence or strong possession that will help us get more goals in order to win games.

I wouldn't hate claiming Stoll but I think we'd only do it as a stop gap and because he's cheap if we did. He's not the player he used to be.

Khudobin is one of those goalies someone should take a chance on. I don't think he's great, and his salary may prevent him being claimed, but he could help out a team.

Pretty much the only reason to claim Stroll is for him to mentor Horvat into a no.1,2 center. And as an emergency centerman that can win faceoffs. He has cup experience, and has won before twice. 

Only downside might be his substance abuse problem. And how serious it is that the kings and rangers get rid of him. 

We could claim him and waive him to downtown eastside if it doesnt work out.

Stoll would have had to enter stage 1 of the NHL CBA drug testing policy because of his charges in Vegas,

He would be tested frequently and if abuse was found he would be sent into stage 2 and not playing.

It could have been a one time Hookers and blow party in Vegas that got busted.

If he was still doing it he would be exposed on his drug tests.

Archived