The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 0-2 Flyers

CANUCK-EXPRESS

I think we can safely chalk this entire season's fault to injuries and not feel bad. We were a playoff team (and leading the Pacific) at the start of the season with a fully healthy squad. Then Sutter and Sbisa go down to injury and we drop to 3rd in the Pacific. Then Hamhuis gets injured and we start getting shelled defensively. Now Henrik's out and we're about to get shutout every second game. This is going to get ugly, no offence or defence, but it's because our top 2 centers and two top-4 defencemen are injuried. Not much we can do about that.

That medical staff swap at the start of the season is looking like the cause of everything right now. Mix of bad luck and mismanagement, and this is what you get. A total mess and waste of a season on the ice.

Quick honourable mentions to Baertschi, Weber (for his own standards) and the rest of the defence played pretty well tonight in limiting a LOT of chances, but that's comparative to the Minnesota game. We're icing an entire team of rookies and AHL-caliber guys, it's no wonder what we're seeing. Some teams are able to withstand this sort of adversity like the Penguins but this is far too much right now, Daniel Sedin and Edler can't carry the team themselves and no one else is good enough. The problem is that our GOOD players are injured, while our useless pylons Dorsett, Prust, Burrows and Higgins are all healthy.

It's unfortunate about injuries and the direction this team's going because with the Pacific being so weak, we had a chance at stealing a top-10 pick AND a playoff spot. I think we're well on our way out of that unless Sutter and Henrik return in a week as well as Sbisa. The season could and will turn around when those guys return, but until then we're about to get our +/- rating destroyed.

5 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Does any team in the NHL spout the kind of depth to replace those positions, easily?

I guess I didn't really word that right >.>

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think we can safely chalk this entire season's fault to injuries and not feel bad. We were a playoff team (and leading the Pacific) at the start of the season with a fully healthy squad. Then Sutter and Sbisa go down to injury and we drop to 3rd in the Pacific. Then Hamhuis gets injured and we start getting shelled defensively. Now Henrik's out and we're about to get shutout every second game. This is going to get ugly, no offence or defence, but it's because our top 2 centers and two top-4 defencemen are injuried. Not much we can do about that.

That medical staff swap at the start of the season is looking like the cause of everything right now. Mix of bad luck and mismanagement, and this is what you get. A total mess and waste of a season on the ice.

Quick honourable mentions to Baertschi, Weber (for his own standards) and the rest of the defence played pretty well tonight in limiting a LOT of chances, but that's comparative to the Minnesota game. We're icing an entire team of rookies and AHL-caliber guys, it's no wonder what we're seeing. Some teams are able to withstand this sort of adversity like the Penguins but this is far too much right now, Daniel Sedin and Edler can't carry the team themselves and no one else is good enough. The problem is that our GOOD players are injured, while our useless pylons Dorsett, Prust, Burrows and Higgins are all healthy.

It's unfortunate about injuries and the direction this team's going because with the Pacific being so weak, we had a chance at stealing a top-10 pick AND a playoff spot. I think we're well on our way out of that unless Sutter and Henrik return in a week as well as Sbisa. The season could and will turn around when those guys return, but until then we're about to get our +/- rating destroyed.

I think it's safe to say this entire seasons fault isn't injuries, but the fact the Canucks are not a good hockey team

This loss was easier to take. I thought effort was there for the most part. Just couldn't execute. Markstrom good game. Gave us a chance.
Can't imagine losing Hank for an extended period. It must of been bad for him to leave that early.

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

The Ducks seem worse than we are atm...Talk about underachieving!

That's probably the craziest story of this season so far.

There has to be serious issues in that dressing room.

I still think they'll surge in the second half though.

That was a better effort than the last game even with the loss.
I hope Hank is ok and will not miss many games.
Was that Weber's best game? Here comes Vey!

If he does play in Detroit, I'm calling a Miller shutout and Vey with 3 points. ( 2 G - 1 A) :towel:

Go Canucks Go!

Archived