The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver police looking for men spotted filming inside Pacific Centre mall

WHL rocks

10 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Great thread, WHL, really fantastic.

But back to real life:

I hope this random thought this lady has turns out to be true, I had a random thought too. They might be milk delivery men. FWIW

We don't know and neither does Sandy Garossino.

This is just a random tweet with a FWIW at the end of a thought she had. She's not even connected to the movie industry. 

I take what VPD released more seriously than a random thought of a person not connected to the investigation.

Hopefully these guys are ID'd and cleared by tomorrow morning. Nobody wants these guys to be up to no good. 

Since this is all over the news you'd think someone who knows these guys would have told them what's going. And they would have contacted VPD to clarify what they were doing and why. 

To the people in this thread acting as if the vpd is doing something wrong, what should they do? Nothing? Wtf?

Imagine if they didn't investigate this and something terrible happened then what?

They're intending on keeping Canadians safe and given recent terrorist attacks around the world and ones previously foiled in this Country I certainly support these efforts by the vpd.

8 hours ago, DonLever said:

A bunch of fear mongering.  Those guys are probably tourists.

If you are a terrorist, would you be so obvious in taking such pictures?  You would do it furtively or secretly.

dumbcriminals.com

Seriously though, I think the action taken by the VPD is reasonable.   They haven't said anything about terrorism or jumped to conclusions, all they're doing is investigating.  Any fear mongering is coming from outside sources like the media or the general public.  Let them do their jobs.

9 hours ago, BanTSN said:

It's a crime to take video?  Or to be brown, have a beard and take video?

Uh, oh, my post probably made me a suspect too.

It's not a crime, but it's suspicious.  Can you explain these guys taking video of the stuff they did in any logical way?  I'm not saying it's for terrorism, because they could be casing for a future robbery.  However, taking video like they are doing does raise an eyebrow.

8 hours ago, DonLever said:

A bunch of fear mongering.  Those guys are probably tourists.

If you are a terrorist, would you be so obvious in taking such pictures?  You would do it furtively or secretly.

From the look of things it appears to be recognisance of a soft target. Less so an impression that it is tourists taking pictures.  Who snaps pictures of a mall exit to take home anyway?  You cannot ignore the political climate and that the threat of terrorism is very real.  It is the behavior that is suspicious.

Archived