The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2016 TDL Canucks Prediction

Alright so I just got back from work today and passed one of those fortune teller gypsies. Had a spare 50$ on me, because I make bank of course, so I decided to fork it over to the women that can hopefully predict what players the Canucks shall trade. While she looked at me oddly and asked if I wanted to know anything more personal I replied "No" and told her I was just interested in the Canucks. She shook her head at me disappointedly and said alright. She began to rub her crystal ball (which was probably just glass) and said she sensed a great change in the balance of the Canuck force. Then she died.

Now for my predictions:

Prust -> Montreal | 4rd 2016 + 5th 2016 -> Vancouver

Edler + Vrbata -> Ottawa | 1st 2016 + 2nd 2016 + Wiercoch + Ceci -> Vancouver ---- Why does this trade happen? Because &^@# you its gonna happen

Burrows -> Anaheim | 3rd + 4th -> Vancouver ---- Why? Because Anaheim loves sloppy seconds.

These trades will happen... most likely... maybe... probably not... who knows... &^@# you I just want to make a thread.

Not predictions as much as hopes:

PRIMARY

OUT
Hamhuis (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

OUT
Vrbata (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

SECONDARY
If it is a Kesler – Sutter – Etem type deal?

OUT
Burrows (NTC) - Refused once
Edler (NTC) - Refused twice

(Burrows and Edler for Shattenkirk? Harmonic?)

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

PRIMARY

OUT
Hamhuis (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

OUT
Vrbata (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

SECONDARY

OUT

You're dreaming if you think you can get Shattenkirk or Hamonic for Burrows and Edler

TDL.

Vrbata to the Sens in exchange for a 2016 1st. 

Or..

Vrbata to the Sens for a 2016 2nd, Alex Chiasson.

Prust to any team for a 4th rounder.

Line-up afterwards:

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen

Baertschi/Horvat/Sutter/Virtanen

Etem/Vey/Virtanen/Sutter 

Chiasson/Cracknell/Dorsett

My prediction.

Nothing happens.  At most a pick is traded for help, but we're to close to the playoffs to see a selloff.  Because as the old adage goes, every healthy body back in the line up after an LTIR is like receiving a player from a trade for free anyways.

Seriously, going to expect nothing to happen and hope for the best.  Be a damned shame if they didn't trade at least 3 of these guys though.

Any combination of Burrows/Higgins/Vrbata/Prust/Hamhuis/Weber

From Elliot Friedman, Bergevin needs scoring but doesn't want to give up from his roster:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-on-possibility-of-canadiens-trading-galchenyuk/

He wanted Vrbata 2 years ago, so this is a very possible destination.  Mtl first in return, or second plus Juulsen.  We would probably have to retain salary, as Mtl has about $1.6m in capspace.

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

My prediction.

Nothing happens.  At most a pick is traded for help, but we're to close to the playoffs to see a selloff.  Because as the old adage goes, every healthy body back in the line up after an LTIR is like receiving a player from a trade for free anyways.

Seriously, going to expect nothing to happen and hope for the best.  Be a damned shame if they didn't trade at least 3 of these guys though.

Not so sure.  Benning is showing he's ready to do what's necessary to keep the transition moving forwaard.  The kids are starting to be productive and take over from the vets.  The team has looked better with Higgy out and Vey and Etem in.

Higgy was the first to fall, Weber and Burrows will not be far behind as they've also become redundant and in fact anchors.  Although JB may want him for the playoffs, I would not be surprised to see Prust go either.  Vrbata should certainly (okay, must) go by the TDL for assets, but I think Hamhuis may be re-signed for a couple years to aid the transition on D.

Moves could well be made before the TDL, but I'm expecting 3 by then.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

From Elliot Friedman, Bergevin needs scoring but doesn't want to give up from his roster:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-on-possibility-of-canadiens-trading-galchenyuk/

He wanted Vrbata 2 years ago, so this is a very possible destination.  Mtl first in return, or second plus Juulsen.  We would probably have to retain salary, as Mtl has about $1.6m in capspace.

A 2nd PLUS Juulsen? Are you high? Or are you assuming Bergevin is high? 

Wonder if Florida would be willing to part with an asset to bolster their scoring depth for the playoffs?

I'd be glad to see Vrbata for Matheson, or if they won't move Matheson, then for 2nd and McCoshen (projected top pair with long reach and good shot, but lacking in physicality).   

Vrbata has 11 goals and 21 points in 44 games some of you're going to be really let down. A 1st and a prospect? Lol

I wonder what cdc would say if the shoe was on the other foot and jb traded a 1st and a prospect for an aging player with 11 goals and 21 points in 44 games.

Whats that like a 38-40 point projection?

On 16/01/2016 at 2:22 AM, Me_ said:

PRIMARY

OUT
Hamhuis (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

OUT
Vrbata (NTC)

IN
1st
(+ prospect)

SECONDARY

OUT

Hopes? Sure..

Being realistic, those proposals are a major stretch..

On January 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Warhippy said:

My prediction.

Miller?  The Ducks really need an experienced guy to take pressure off their young guys, who are too inconsistent.  

Archived