The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dank became the #1 goal scorer for the Nucks...who was/is your favorite?

ShakyWalton

Dank is now the #1 scorer in Canuck history..who is your favorite?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Daniel could easily have 1500 goals by now had he played in that era with such worthless goalie equipment imo. 

Daniel / Henrik > breathing air > Universe > the wheel > penicillin > water > everything  

lolwat.

20 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

Bertuzzi was a horse.  He scored tons of goals, but in a totally different way than the other skilled guys.  He deserves praise for sure.

Yes!  WarHorse ...  Ultimately so much "Team" in the guy..  Basically sacrificed his career to stick up for his Captain and life long best freind.

i look back on that moment as the ultimate failure by the NHL not to have taken the steps nessesary to penalize a player like Moore when they should have.  

Instead they did nothing and let the "code" prevail..

if the NHL, would have suspended Moore for the Naslund hit..  No Moore injury, no Bertuzzi suspension.    

The Player/Safety board of the NHL is still getting it wrong today..   Dont get me wrong, i do not condone any action of a player that injures another player ..   But nipping it in the bud,. Can stop a series of very unfortunate events.

For those of you unfortunate enough to miss the Bure "era" truly missed the Best Canuck who ever lived. Those breakaways you see in the highlights? He had numerous breakaways like that in one game and almost had at least one scoring chance per shift. Its like he would never stop until the puck was in the net. As you can also see in the highlights he did not need anyones help on the ice he was a one man scoring machine who stuck up for himself. A complete player.

I would have loved to have watched him perform his magic in 3 on 3's or shootouts! Wow !

It's always gotta be Trevor... he was a heart and soul guy who brought a lot more than goal scoring to the Canucks.

Edit:

But the best 'Pure' goalscorer the Canucks ever had was Pavel Bure.

All you need to do is look at the stats.

437 goals in 702 games.... 4th best goals/per/game in league history.

And that was with his injuries.

Won Rocket Richard twice... would have won it three times but there was no trophy for it the first time he led the league.

56 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

For those of you unfortunate enough to miss the Bure "era" truly missed the Best Canuck who ever lived. Those breakaways you see in the highlights? He had numerous breakaways like that in one game and almost had at least one scoring chance per shift. Its like he would never stop until the puck was in the net. As you can also see in the highlights he did not need anyones help on the ice he was a one man scoring machine who stuck up for himself. A complete player.

I would have loved to have watched him perform his magic in 3 on 3's or shootouts! Wow !

Hopefully this summer some key moves are made to bring back that kind of excitement :)

54 minutes ago, Ryanstorm said:

Bure made me a Canucks and hockey fan as a young child. Still my favorite player.

i was already a fan

but he did more than anyone else to get my attention

i have highlights of some bure achievements ingrained in my brain

and a confession

one i have, has no value at all to it, but i still remember something that happened in the final seconds of game 7 of the final against nyr in '94

nyr iced the puck to kill the clock and i remember thinking i hope bure chases it cuz he is the only one who can get there and ensure there will be time left on the clock, and he did, and if i recall there was something like 1.6 seconds left -  the man simply had jets and crazy speed

Archived