The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Just now, TheCammer said:

I generally try and stay pretty calm. Roll with the losses, try to see the value in the moves they make but I am left wondering what the hell we are doing with this move. We are jammed at centre. We can't score and we move our top scoring AHL prospect who has shown some real offensive potential. A kid we gave about 9 minutes playing with plugs to show us he has what it takes.

I'm pissed off right now and if the explanation doesn't make sense I think th seasons' ticket renewal just got a bunch harder.

You still have tickets to this garbage on ice? 

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

No Bartkowski/Vey/Vrbata/Dorsett at morning skate for #Canucks everyone else accounted for #TSN1040

^ Hmmm. With Sutter out, and Vey possibly being moved, maybe Granlund will be 3C.

Still think Shink must have requested a trade home, the guy's gonna be a NHL sniper.

Not going to rule it out completely but man, it's not like he's in one of the Florida organizations, VAN is relatively close.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Doesn't anyone find it ironic and coincidental that Shinkaruk was traded to his hometown Calgary?

He was upset about them not drafting him with either of their two first round picks, and how he was gonna burn them. I hope he comes back and burns us to make Benning look bad.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

If he's really here and doesn't get moved in a larger deal, Granlund is going to be good for us. People are overreacting. He's a great shooter, has a really good defensive game, moves the puck well, has a really strong all around game, and plays with a ton of confidence. Has the potential to break out here. 

Sooo wanted to see Shink next season, but this isn't as bad as people think. 

esi172_optimist.gif

Just now, Yotes said:

So granlund is gonna be on our roster i take it? I just dont see why we need a C with

henrik

horvat

mcCann

Sutter

vey

cracknell

is granlund a replacement for vey or dare i say mccann if he gets moved

Yeah, this is why I'm confused. There must be some more movement coming?

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

If he's really here and doesn't get moved in a larger deal, Granlund is going to be good for us. People are overreacting. He's a great shooter, has a really good defensive game, moves the puck well, has a really strong all around game, and plays with a ton of confidence. Has the potential to break out here. 

Sooo wanted to see Shink next season, but this isn't as bad as people think. 

Granlund is a Finn. We need him to help with the young Finn we draft in June.  

User Actions
 Following
wcyoAluH_bigger.jpgCanucks News Daily@CanucksNow

Hunter Shinkaruk: "It's pretty crazy but it's done now. I felt wanted in Vancouver throughout the time they had me." #Canucks

wcyoAluH_bigger.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk: "I'm shocked, mixed emotions. I've certainly enjoyed what VAN has had to offer. There's a lot of emotions and thats it."

Easy everyone. Benning has more moves planned, clearly.

All that's gonna happen is that Vey will be promoted to the 1C. Henrik will be moved to wing. Daniel will on the fourth line for the remainder of the season.

Horvat will be traded to Winnipeg for Peluso.

Markstrom and Demko to Arizona for Doan

Hutton and Tanev to Dallas for Fiddler.

Patience.

Archived