The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Just now, Fan since 82 said:

Makes no sense that JB would trade him just because he asks. He's on an elc so has almost no rights at the moment. This makes no sense. Need to see the lay of the land after the deadline before we can really judge this trade.

Yup.

I personally want to see how Granlund fits in. He played in the Finnish pro league and did well as a teen and has similar numbers to Shink.

Seems like we traded for a more refined prospect.

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

IMO Benning is selling our top prospect for the abysmal chance of making the playoffs this year.

That comes through Granlund... how, exactly?

Jim must have a crystal ball in his room where he sees how guys pan out in the NHL.  Granlund must be Sutter, underrated and ready to deliver.  Shinkaruk must be Bonino, small and suddenly falling off the map again after a breakout season.

If not that (or if another better trade isn't in the works), what the h311 Jim.

1 minute ago, y-ote' said:

You know what...the buck stops at Linden. If this crap is being forced by ownership Trevor ought to step down. Unless we are planning an extend Oilers rebuild this move is pure garbage.

I don't think it is ownership this time round. 

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

This just screams they are still trying to get into the playoffs. Hamhuis will be going nowhere and neither will Vrbata unless an NHL ready player is coming back (vrbata I am talking about).

How on earth do you get that impression from this?

This clearly isn't about the playoffs.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Thanks.  I feel much calmer now.

Benning has got some 'splaining to do. Honestly, if this isn't a small move leading to a larger one, this could have some ramifications.

And if this is the standard for the type of deal Benning has ready going forward, Rogers Arena will be very quiet, because it will be empty.

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

Good point.  Maybe they felt were too many Med Hat Tigers.  Jokes, of course.

There has to be something else in the works.

There better be something else in the works cuz this trade didn't need to happen unless Shink lowkey asked for a trade (which is unlikely)

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

With a what 5% chance at making it even considering going for it should get Benning fired.

My god if that's his reasoning I'm going to be furious. Most fans are absolutely fine with having a crap year this year. I want us to get a top 10 pick, we're not even close to playoff ready, let alone capable of a cup run. Blehhhhh. 

Archived