The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Just now, Green Goblin said:

JB is a f@cking dumbass. FIRE JB NOW!!! Horvat isn't a JB guy either so hmmmm I wonder what will happen to him.....?

THIS IS SUCH BS. I often care about my online etiquette, but not anymore. F@CK YOU JIM BENNING YOU F@CKING IDIOT.

I agree with you ..what really bothers me is I liked JB but this idiotic trade pi$$^s me off I was looking forward to watching Shinkaruk in a canucks uniform for good. Well I hope he shoves it down our throat when he gets a chance....I was having a pretty good day until i happen to go on TSN.. What freakin what seriously ....I dont know what to say but really who give a f88k.

WTF WTF WTF!!!!!...nothing about this deal makes any sense.....firstly...Calgary???!!! a divisional rival.....and then one of our TOP prospects doing well...slated for a line spot next year...for a plug that is sucking in the AHL.....WTF!!!!

that's it.....TL you have to fire both JB and WD .....this is getting ridiculous!!!!....I really want to hear how he is going to spin this one...

WTF!!!

I like Granlund quite a bit. He wasn't going to the ice time he needs in order to be successful in Calgary, so it makes sense for them to ship him out.

As for the Canucks, pro scouts within the organization must know something about Shink that they aren't impressed about.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"The one thing about Hunter is he likes to score. We don't know if that's going to translate to the NHL or not." - Benning

1. Do you want your players to hate to score?

2. Why not call him up for the rest of the year and find out first hand? I mean, Granlund would still be available for him even if it didn't translate most likely.

20 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Baertschi^ those three will be resigned IDK about Vey though

You kidding, no way we don't re-sign Vey. With Willie as our coach? No way. Willie would force Benning some how to sign Vey to a 12 year 100 million dollar contract. 

Is it possible that Benning views Granlund as a potential Hansen replacement, allowing the Canucks to sell high on Hansen in the next 7 days?  

Otherwise, I feel like a young dman would have been a more appropriate target in exchange for shink.  I certainly hope this is not the beginning of JB with an eye on the playoffs and becoming a buyer.

Archived