The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Tired of listening to him. What he says and what he does don't add up.

When he traded for Baer he talked to Green first. I suspect something along those lines. Benning has also been big in filling in the age gap between draftees and 1 -2 year vets. Granland does have NHL games.

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Yup, I was heading to watch their practice at UBC and just as I am cutting through the parking lot, a car pulls out and almost hits me.  I look at the driver and its none other than Alex Edler.

What was his reaction? Did he look around for Tanev to help him?

Wow, overreaction much everyone?   This is a good trade based upon organizational need and given that HS had a "work ethic" issue, character likely also played a role.  Granlund has exceeded his draft position and is good in the circle which few of Canuck prospects or regulars can say.  

Go ahead and quote this post but in two years, HS will not be in NHL and Granlund will be a solid regular.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"The one thing about Hunter is he likes to score. We don't know if that's going to translate to the NHL or not." - Benning

How about giving him a chance first? Ugh! I've defended some of Benning's more questionable decisions these past couple of years but this is the one that just pushed me over the edge.

He may be a great scout but he has no business running a team.

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

hiow the hell do you trade away our best prospect scoring wise, the guy was aahl star for freaking two guy, when you have gaunce ready. This organization is a freaking joke! we are fkin joke seriously this a dumb trade makes zero sense you could have got granlund for a 2nd rounder not your top prospect. Calgary destroyed us

I'm not trying to detract Shink here, but Linden Vey was also an AHL all-star.  

7 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

These reactions are comical.

Granlund has put up just as good of numbers as Shink in the AHL, and has shown that he can produce at the NHL level as well.

I'm not going to lie, I don't think it's a fantastic trade, but jesus relax people.

Thing is Granlund did it on a much more offensively talented team though, he was surrounded by other good offensive players. Shinkaruk was by far Uticas best offensive player. Granlund isn't tough enough to make it as a 2nd line center, and i believe not offensively gifted enough to make it as a top6 winger. I see him as a bottom 6 scoring winger at best, in other words, just another Vey, Etem (liked that one though considering what we gave up) trade. We just traded quality for quantity, Granlund might be the more "NHL-ready" player of the two, which is why i believe Benning pulled the trigger on this one, but im getting sick of these trades. Just screams desperation.

Archived