The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

So let me show you some stats so you boys calm down.

Shinkaruk:

1st year ahl- 74 gp, 16G,  15A,  31P

2nd year ahl- 45Gp, 21G, 15A,  39 P

Granlund:

1st year ahl- 52Gp, 25G,  21G,  46P

2nd year ahl- 21Gp, 9G, 8A, 17P

2nd year pace for 45Gp- 19G, 17A, 36P

Not to mention he has been decently productive in the nhl and hits and PKs. ..

Do your home work before going ape. 

Yes and Mason Raymond had similar stats to Jonathon Toews in college. Which do you think projected to be the better NHL'er?

So far it looks like we got hustled but let's see granlund play first people BUT Don't like the fact we traded for another centre like we have a glaring hole on defense and flipping shinkaruk woulda helped that but nooo we have to trade for another 6 foot 180 pound forward 

where does he fit in with horvat, sedin, McCann and sutter already there?!

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

So let me show you some stats so you boys calm down.

Shinkaruk:

1st year ahl- 74 gp, 16G,  15A,  31P

2nd year ahl- 45Gp, 21G, 15A,  39 P

Granlund:

1st year ahl- 52Gp, 25G,  21G,  46P

2nd year ahl- 21Gp, 9G, 8A, 17P

2nd year pace for 45Gp- 19G, 17A, 36P

Not to mention he has been decently productive in the nhl and hits and PKs. ..

Do your home work before going ape. 

Shinkaruk had shoulder surgery in the summer of his first year on the AHL. Shinkaruk is going to rip it up in the NHL.

I have a feeling this is a Francesco Aquilini thing... The guy wants to make the playoffs no matter what... The only thing Benning can do is try to fulfill the owners request. I don't see why trading a 1st rounder 24pick in a prospect for a second rounder 54pick  with ad upside as Granlund has 86 NHL games of... 14g-14a

I think its a awful trade unless something bigger is coming down the pipe, which I don't see it happen...

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/12/13/calgary-flames-snapshots----markus-granlund-making-case-to-stick-with-big-league-team-this-time

Article from December on Granlund. 

“If the numbers game was different, he would have been up a long time ago and been up for good,” said Flames winger Joe Colborne of Granlund. “I’m telling you, I can’t find a weakness in his game. For being a young guy, he certainly doesn’t play that way. He’s got a great head on his shoulders. He’s a great guy to have around the room.

“There’s nothing that is holding him back, except his contract situation.”

4 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

It's so much fun to burn $11,000 and then spend another $150 a night when you go. Painful right now. Painful.

It will all pay off when you get to see shinkaruk shred us for the next 10 years whenever Calgary comes to town. 

Gcg

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

This deal stinks of John Weisbrod. You know, the guy who took a prep school player in the first round (Jankowski) for Calgary and 'predicted' him to be the best player in the draft? 

The guy has no clue what he is doing. 

I was about to say that this is probably a John Weisbrod move.  He knows Granlund from his time in Calgary and I think he was around when Calgary passed on Shrikaruk and drafted the other guy just ahead of Shink.. 

2 minutes ago, AmexHiggins said:

Aquilini.. "hey Jim... i told you to get granlund to boost our scoring. What the hell did you f*&king do?"

JB.. "I did. I did exactly as you asked."

Aquilini.. "you got the wrong granlund."

JB.. "Markus Granlund? In our conference?"

Aquilini.. "Mikael Granlund, you genius."

yea, cause aquilini really knows the difference between the two...

This joke was kinda funny the first few times with the JB shocked face pic.... people need to get some new material

What a stupid decision by GM Benning. I just can't understand this trade. WHAT A HORRIBLE TRADE BY BENNING. I'm beyond furious right now. Shinkaruk was our only All-Star at AHL level. Benning says that we want to do the right way by drafting and grooming in minor and when your prospect is ready, you stupidly trade him for a no namer (2nd rounder). We've so many set-up guys but no finisher. We had Shinkaruk as the finisher, a sniper, who can score goals and Benning traded this guy. Shiunkaruk was in his only second year at pro-level and he showed what he can do. I was so looking forward to him making NHL next year. Now imagine next year every goal he's going to score goal against Canucks. While Granlund will be our next Taylor Pyatt. Just unbelieveable. I think he wasn't treated properly. Now please don't say i'm a Canucks basher here. I'm the one who wears his Cnaucks jersey in Toronto proudly and defending my team.  

Just now, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I was about to say that this is probably a John Weisbrod move.  He knows Granlund from his time in Calgary and I think he was around when Calgary passed on Shrikaruk and drafted the other guy just ahead of Shink.. 

Yeah they took Poirier instead.

Archived