The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

So apparently this was Weisbrod's call..... i knew signing this clown would be a bad decision! Bartkowski now Granlund?!!

We developed Shinkaruk for 4 years and the year he's finally breaking out and having a great season in the AHL.... WE TRADE HIS ASS FOR ANOTHER PROJECT! WTF are they smoking?!

On his wikipedia page, it also says that he plays RW...no idea if this is true as I've only seen him at C, but Baertschi - Horvat - Granlund might be an interesting line, since Baer and Granlund were previous teammates. 

Benning said he can play W too.

Makes the lines more diverse at least

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

I will bet that in the next 5 years Shinkaruk will have at least one 40 goal season.

thats BOLD, put that in the bottom of your sign like warhippy did with his standings prediction.

I could see him being Hudlers replacement so I guess you never know...

I would have liked to see Shink in the NHL before trading him away for another young forward.  Could be good, could bad, could be a wash.  I don't see any need to have done this.  Shink could have come up this season and helped as well.  Seems unnecessary to move our best minor league prospect, a 1st rounder, for an unproven 2nd rounder.  I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

On his wikipedia page, it also says that he plays RW...no idea if this is true as I've only seen him at C, but Baertschi - Horvat - Granlund might be an interesting line, since Baer and Granlund were previous teammates. 

Anything that reminds Baertschi of his stay in the Calgary system is a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Hey you know who else can play wing? Hunter Shinkaruk.

Archived