The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis is still a Canuck

TheRussianRocket.

2 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Let's call it a failure.

I'm not upset if Hammer stays but if Vrbata is still here and the only transaction JB managed was to lose Cracknell for nothing, I agree...major failure.

Edit: Okay with Hammer staying if JB re-signs him at a discount.

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

Multiple sources said that offers were tabled by Dallas, Chicago, Bruins and Pittsburgh and that Benning shut down multiple offers. Unless Hamhuis says he refused to be traded, I lay the blame squarely on Benning.

Really unimpressed and will no longer support Benning - should have been brought on as a scout and nothing more.

Offers were tabled, but more importantly, WHAT was tabled...the return could've been too small for Benning to say yes.

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

Player has NTC and is public about his desire to stay in Vancouver or return in the case of a trade. CDC still expects him to be moved anyways. You can only be upset if you ignore context and set expectations for yourself.

But that's what canucks fans are all about!

1 minute ago, YEGCanuck said:

Not impressed with Jimbo. IMO he should have things better orchestrated for potential trades in advance of the deadline.

We will likely never know what conversations took place however right now JB looks to have failed a GM test.

Hypothetical. GMJB has a satisfactory deal. Hamhuis does not waive his NTC. He could have gotten us a trade that would have elated us all and Hamhuis still could have said no. How exactly is that a failure?

Funny how lots of CDC members were praising Benning at the start of the season for signing all these one year deals to flip for picks at the TDL.

Couldn't get anything, probably asked for a ridiculous amount for Hamhuis as well. 

Still rate him as a GM?

Archived