The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

P.K. Subban leaves game in stretcher

I just watched it. He was in the corner battling a Sabres player when he stumbled, and his own D-man, Emelin, awkwardly clipped Subban's neck/head area while he was trying to enter the puck battle. It was a freak accident. Hard to watch.

The one silver lining is Subban was moving his hands and feet so at least he isn't paralyzed.. :/

6 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

I just watched it. He was in the corner battling a Sabres player when he stumbled, and his own D-man, Emelin, awkwardly clipped Subban's neck/head area while he was trying to enter the puck battle. It was a freak accident. Hard to watch.

The one silver lining is Subban was moving his hands and feet so at least he isn't paralyzed.. :/

Alf is saying a prayer for PK and his family.  I really pray it's only a nasty stinger, and he was just scared by it all.  

Hope PK is ok. The force behind the hip check didn't look bad, but the way the neck moved looked awkward.

I seriously hope Tryamkin has a better career than Emelin. Emelin has been a walking pylon his whole NHL career who only makes news when he gets suspended, or injures his own teammate.

Compressing and twisting of the neck and spine could result in something pretty nasty, the worst of which is a spinal injury. Thankfully this doesn't look like that (as far as paralysis) but if there are vertebrae issues that could still be really painful and a problem. Hopefully it's not serious.

Archived