The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: BattleStar Galactica [Sign Ups: Open] - Game Over: Mafia/Survivor Win!

Aladeen

11 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Eh, I usually try to have more-specific reads when I'm reading multiple TP. Probably shouldn't have done that if he is actually a special, but if he's not, then that works out great.

Also, I think MH is likely TP. His post where he made predictions on the amount of page numbers and winning faction is just so TP-like that it almost eliminates him as a potential mafia. Also, Qwags voted for him. Qwags just unvoted him, but if anything that's just a weak attempt at trying to cause paranoia.

FWIW I think Milk is also acting TPish lately and I do not think he is a good choice for the Vig.

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

Yuck. Why would you do that?  Everyone's your potential enemy until they prove themselves so I don't see the logic in calling TP just because they've been active.

It's hard because your logic doesn't flow like a TP's would. 

Because in a game where the majority of players (what is it 2/3rds?) are TP, it makes sense to assume that a fair share of active players are probably TP than they are mafia.  Its naive but it is plausible logic.  Like I said, I don't think everybody who's been active is TP but I really don't have anything, besides making a reach, to weed out potential mafia.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Ok, my essay is finished finally.

I can provide some actual top 3 reads for either side, although I don't think my list will deviate much from what's been posted.

If you guys want one, I can do one but if not, I'll say some thoughts here.

1. Qwags, like I've stated before, gave himself away and should be a very good lynch.  No questions asked.  Although Mafia is aware of this most likely, so if the bandwagon wasn't already big, it might get bigger.

2. Keep an eye on Milk.  I said he could just be prone to making dumb reads but I think because of Qwags, he'll have some time to think of ways to relieve pressure off himself.  For round 1, he should be off anybody's radar but it would be stupid to not look at Milk in round 2, IMO.

3. I don't think much of 112's off-vote but Doughty looks a little odd.  Although I'm not certain I could say DC is Mafia or not.  Still early.

Nobody else has really done anything to put me off or raise an alarm, so I'm under the impression that most here who have been active are TP.  Still early though.

I have class in a bit but I'll be home a few hours before nightfall.

How on earth is my read on BW in a couple rounds dumb if he usually dies in the first round and people always follow him.  I am NOT saying BW is mafia now but gosh anyone with a brain on mafia would convert him first if they can choose who they can. 

If y'all lynch me you will be killing a tp who might help the tp win since I was just mafia. Mafia are probably laughing in their pm at the town going after me.  Unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

How on earth is my read on BW in a couple rounds dumb if he usually dies in the first round and people always follow him.  I am NOT saying BW is mafia now but gosh anyone with a brain on mafia would convert him first if they can choose who they can. 

If y'all lynch me you will be killing a tp who might help the tp win since I was just mafia. Mafia are probably laughing in their pm at the town going after me.  Unbelievable 

It's OK bb I believe you.

Also I just noticed in AV's post that you quoted that he keeps throwing around "still early". It's like he wants to make sure he isn't bound to any of his reads. 

13 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

What about my issues with your earlier post?

Give me a couple of hours, heading into a meeting.

PS. this is a problem I have, I always want to read till the last page before commenting, but end up forgetting what I've read in the pages before when I'm about to comment. :(

I haven't read everything about the first few pages of game action where BW asked vig not to use kill, Lewt's posts about keeping BW alive and milk going on about whatever.

At the time, BW seemed hella fishy for asking vig not to use kill. I'd take a shot at taking out a Mafia over just wasting one round of a potential vig strike.

Lewt had some posts about keeping someone alive and tying it into being Mafia was fairly similar to the Mafia thought process last game (milk's idea); keeping BW alive. 

Archived