The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: BattleStar Galactica [Sign Ups: Open] - Game Over: Mafia/Survivor Win!

Aladeen

On 2016-03-16 at 11:27 PM, Beluga Whale said:

TB and Vig, listen up. Don't blind fire early in the game please. TB kills should only be used late in a game or if you're certain you are hitting scum.

Vig, imo you should abstain from killing in R1 no matter what as the chances of hitting scum are very low and it's not worth the risk of hitting a TP.

I  kinda agree with this entirely TB killing someone just to use it is stupid and something that seems to happen pretty much every game that has a TB. IMO the VIG should target inactive payers if there isn't a great target in any of the early rounds.

On 2016-03-16 at 0:26 AM, milk and honey said:

I am gonna be a bit gutsy here. 3rd round or 4th round we kill BW because he will surely be mafia by then. He might be one of the role(s) that can't be converted though but really we can't take that risk. If he makes it past 2rounds then he is surely mafia or super drunk and not threating the mafia enough to kill him. 1

I see where both angles are coming from with killing in round 1 good or bad. Personally, I will follow BW here and say wait a whole round. It's hard enough to find a decent lynch target never mind hit a mafia. Not worth risking since mafia are on a srs win streak and every tp counts. 

Virt post wise screams TMI but also TWTBW imo. Virt ain't no dummy to say something like that so early on. 2

BIG TIP FOR THE WHOLE TOWN LATE IN THE GAME: IF YOU WOULD BE MAFIA WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY. 

1- Really poor reasoning here for two reasons. One it's highly likely the mafia gets new recruits by choosing cylon numbers to activate so BW being alive later on doesn't mean he's mafia. Two saying that if he makes it past two rounds he's ether mafia or not a threat is even weaker logic. Last game you where the one pushing for us to not kill him because you thought that the TP would kill him if we let him live. I feel like your trying to do the same here only this time your more proactive.

2- This screams hedging also the term TWTBW is getting way over used as a means of hedging. Virt is also occasionally smart enough to realize that getting Aladeen to clarify that in thread would seem like he got the TP some valuable info.

On 2016-03-16 at 9:42 AM, King Heffy said:

Vote1 Qwags

So you want to make it even easier for the mafia to make weak votes? 

KH looks squeaky clean if qwags is mafia

On 2016-03-16 at 9:51 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

MFW people are voting and nightfall isn't even until tomorrow night.

This is  scummy, people voting at any point gives us information to look back on later in the game .

On 2016-03-16 at 1:06 PM, Kazmanian Devil said:

On mobile so I'll give a proper read-through later

Dral and Jazz, please limit your spam

The fact that Aladeen specifically told us to keep our numbers secret tells me (as I think BW guessed) the Mafia conversion is probably based on number, rather than player names

Weird considering that they've barely posted any spam at all

22 hours ago, fwybwed said:

Seems legit...BUT I have questions....

BW...

How many other people have you sent a similar PM to?....

Has any one else received this PM?....(verify) Not I.

If not...

Why Qwags?

The reason I ask is I went back through the pages and I did not see a reason to question him...You did not have any real interaction with him. Unless I missed it..

Call me curious. ;)

FWY asks some good questions here BW answered them but I like that FWY asked these questions looks towny

21 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Unvote1; Vote1 Qwags

There's bound to be mafia in this bandwagon tho lol

I don't like this vote at all voting and then adding something so obvious at the end is something I see people do alot as scum

21 hours ago, Zfetch said:

To keep discussion going here, maybe Qwags is not mafia.

He's got to be one of the most underrated trolls I've seen in my time here. Every game he says things that are just silly and make him look mafia-like, despite him being as TP as a bat.

I actually don't remember him doing that interesting

20 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

We both said our cylon numbers and I don't want anyone knowing them.

IMO this is weak why share your cylon numbers at all? It does give a convenient reason to not allow people into the pm. Why not just have both of you go back and edit them out? If BW is mafia then imo so is jazz based of this

19 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

I'm still not totally discounting the BW sacrificing Qwags theory.

It's a bit weird for BW to release that information about Qwags so early, ESPECIALLY cuz nightfall is tomorrow night. It kills most of the discussion.

BW is too good of a TP to do that. He would wait until at least tomorrow IMO. So maybe he just slipped up or maybe there's more to it.

Also the fact that he still hasn't put me on his scum list scares me. When BW is TP, I'm ALWAYS on his early round scum list. 

Why? It's the same as if a sheriff finds a mafia.. You usually wait later (especially in first round) to disclose to generate discussion and get better reads. 

Especially cuz Qwag's response is pretty vague. It is incriminating, but it doesn't seem like buluba really dug into it as much as he could have. 

For the record, I 100% believe Qwags is mafia and I don't think BW is mafia, but I'm just putting this out there so we don't blindly following someone into the dark for the whole game

I like these posts from JL  he's also been more active this game than he is when he's mafia I think he's clean

19 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I wanted to show proof before he could change anything. Honestly I considered trying to get more info out of him but that would've been immoral.

I guess it may have been a better move to withhold until later but I was excited about catching scum and wanted to tell everyone lol.

There's still a lot to talk about and the onus is on the TPs to start that discussion.

This post just feels off it doesn't read like TP BW at all

That being said 90% of his other posts read tp so make of that what you will

17 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Vote1 fwybwed

why?

20 hours ago, One one two said:

Also to whoever stole my wallet, phone and glasses: screw you. I needed those.

14 hours ago, One one two said:

If this is how you are reading my play, you are scum.

@King Heffy ikr. :( I &^@#ed my knee up too today.

:( that sucks 112 hope things turn around for you

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

If Kakanucks was a sperm, she would be the head.

Squirming around left and right, trying to be in control, but Beluga Whale bursts ahead of her and penetrates the egg.

:huh:

1 hour ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

FWY asks some good questions here BW answered them but I like that FWY asked these questions looks towny

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence...

If you read further I have more question which seem sketchy to me for now....In regards to the Jazz PM...I'm waiting for the Qwags turn to see what role he has IF ANY. 

1 minute ago, fwybwed said:

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence...

If you read further I have more question which seem sketchy to me for now....In regards to the Jazz PM...I'm waiting for the Qwags turn to see what role he has IF ANY. 

I saw that I just didn't quote it

These quote boxes wont go away !!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

21 hours ago, Zfetch said:

20 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

19 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

17 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

16 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

20 hours ago, One one two said:
14 hours ago, One one two said:

2 hours ago, Zfetch said:

52 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Tbh, I wouldn't mind getting lynched or vig/sk'd early.

I want to watch this one from the DPS

It's funny watching people get so defensive over reads and making reaches off semantics.

This looks like your stupid "kill me if you have to" defense from last game that you went back to several times

No, it was me m8.

But I've already tried explaining what I meant and you guys have made a mountain out of molehill.

Also, TL saying I'm timid.  Lol...Should I flying off the wall trying to clear my name or being going nuts with accusations?

8 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'm going to address this before I head out because this actually is pretty bad.

Firstly you call Dral TP because his posts are "attention seeking". I'm pretty sure you know full well that Dral does similar things as mafia and is usually just as attention seeking.

Second, you call 112 and Doughty scummy for voting away from the overwhelming bandwagon but are those votes not attention seeking? You should know that at least 112 isn't avoiding the bandwagon when she votes elsewhere. All three of your scum reads are super easy to make and I know you're better than this when you're town.

Okay, as promised, I will reply to this.

To me, Dral is a hit or a miss, I've seen him attention seek and turn up as TP and Mafia in different games. So to me, I have chosen to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for 112 and Doughty's votes, the usual scum hunting would usually be in the bandwagon of the majority vote, especially on an outted mafia. Random votes for other players are usually either forgotten, or doesn't garner much attention until later on when TP has done analyzing the group of bandwagons. So this would seem like a great alternative for mafia to get a vote in without jumping on the bandwagon.

I agree my scum list isn't the best, but during that time last night, there wasn't really much going on that really tipped off my mafia radar.

5 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

I think its a fair point what BW say to not assume everyone is TP, it should be everyone is Mafia, except for one self of course.

1 hour ago, Kakanucks said:

To me, Dral is a hit or a miss, I've seen him attention seek and turn up as TP and Mafia in different games. So to me, I have chosen to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

WHAT

That's a huge contradiction. 

Vote1 Qwags

The regime read back to page 16 and presents the following assessment.

Commendations for:

Dr S

JL

Kaz

for insightful and delightful commentary.

The following townspeople are now on the Regime's no-fly list:

Falcon45 

AV

Due to unfavourable cuts of jib.

The regime also apologizes for the lack of colour and quotes in this broadcast.  Technology.

4 hours ago, CanucksLegacy said:

I haven't read everything about the first few pages of game action where BW asked vig not to use kill, Lewt's posts about keeping BW alive and milk going on about whatever.

At the time, BW seemed hella fishy for asking vig not to use kill. I'd take a shot at taking out a Mafia over just wasting one round of a potential vig strike.

Lewt had some posts about keeping someone alive and tying it into being Mafia was fairly similar to the Mafia thought process last game (milk's idea); keeping BW alive. 

It's not wasting a kill if you don't use it ffs. There's a much higher chance you hit town than you hit mafia with the 1st round vig kill. Look at what you did two games ago with your first vig kill - You killed the God damn sheriff. The game later the vig tried to kill the God damn sheriff as well in round 1. 

I think you guys are looking at the vig kill with flawed logic because you think that because more kills = more chances of hitting mafia, it's worth it but you have to think of the RISK. Unless the Vig is certain they're hitting scum it's not worth the significantly greater chance of killing a TP or a TP special.

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Vote1 Qwags

The regime read back to page 16 and presents the following assessment.

Commendations for:

Dr S

JL

Kaz

for insightful and delightful commentary.

The following townspeople are now on the Regime's no-fly list:

Falcon45 

AV

Due to unfavourable cuts of jib.

The regime also apologizes for the lack of colour and quotes in this broadcast.  Technology.

I don't get any commendations? Rude.

Also how in the world does JL get any towny points?

Archived