The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick #33

What a waste of 16 pages haha.

This pick was the back breaker on the deal for me. I truly believe that we could have gotten a great player at #33, but the mandate isn't the stockpile picks and prospects but to always be competitive. We'll see how that plan unfolds but right now I'm in mourning.

3 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

We haven't picked in the 2nd round for 2 years now.  The last time we picked in the 2nd round we ended up drafting the best goaltender in college hockey.

This year I think we could have got a solid puck mover in Johansen.

Oh well, I think Benning still has some moves to make to restock picks.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This year I think we could have got a solid puck mover in Johansen.

Oh well, I think Benning still has some moves to make to restock picks.

I wonder if he is debating trading down... Our pick 5 for Arizona pick 7 and 20?

On 5/26/2016 at 9:53 AM, gizmo2337 said:

I wonder if he is debating trading down... Our pick 5 for Arizona pick 7 and 20?

Would we need to add though for that trade?  Plus, the Coyotes would want Tkatchuk, so they might do something with the Oilers first.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:12 AM, DeltaSwede said:

Maybe we won't be picking at #33, but i can see a 2nd round pick being acquired from somewhere. 

The Panthers drafting outside of the first round hasn't been great. I doubt they will get someone who will make a big impact in the NHL in the future.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Panthers drafting outside of the first round hasn't been great. I doubt they will get someone who will make a big impact in the NHL in the future.

But they have analytics now. ^_^

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived