The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick #33

1 hour ago, Seven pounds soft said:

I agree. We need this guy. Wicked vision/ hockey sense. 

Where is he projected to go in the draft lately?

I don't know much about Dineen. but it seems and sounds like there's a lot of players especially dmen in the second round to be had. so we could very well come out looking really good to excellent. excellent if we win a top three pick. really good if we draft a damn good forward and then come away with a couple solid picks for dmen in the second round. too bad we only have one second round pick this year. 

3 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I prefer the compete level of Ryan Lindgren honestly. Dineen us a good player for sure, but isn't a Typical Benning pick.  

sometimes I think that Benning picks the safest players that project to be NHL players. nothing wrong with that. but he doesn't seem to take risks on players too often (good or bad?). 

on a side note. I wonder if Anthony Mantha from Detroit is available. I'd take a gamble on him. his stock seems to be dropping a lot over the last little while. haven't heard his name recently. 

anyways. less than a week to go until draft day. here's hoping the hockey gods favour us this time around. we deserve something good to come to this franchise. been 46 years without a cup. 

18 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't know much about Dineen. but it seems and sounds like there's a lot of players especially dmen in the second round to be had. so we could very well come out looking really good to excellent. excellent if we win a top three pick. really good if we draft a damn good forward and then come away with a couple solid picks for dmen in the second round. too bad we only have one second round pick this year. 

Yea for sure. Let's hope JB can get another second or late first this

year. 

Trade Edler for Arrizonas Late first and second round pick for

example.

draft  

3oa Puljujärvi

23oa Fabbro

33oa Johannsen

38oa Dineen

or 

6oa Jost

23oa Fabbro

33oa Johannsen

38oa Dineen

something along those lines would make me so happy 

I think in a perfect world for me would be picking up another 1rst rounder and 2nd rounder with trading Edler to Ottawa or Detroit for a 1rst+ and Hansen for a 2nd+. Then just replace the players with our mountain of cap space with Okposo and Yandle.

2oa Liane

12oa Bean

33oa Johansen

38oa Dahlen

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

sometimes I think that Benning picks the safest players that project to be NHL players. nothing wrong with that. but he doesn't seem to take risks on players too often (good or bad?). 

on a side note. I wonder if Anthony Mantha from Detroit is available. I'd take a gamble on him. his stock seems to be dropping a lot over the last little while. haven't heard his name recently. 

anyways. less than a week to go until draft day. here's hoping the hockey gods favour us this time around. we deserve something good to come to this franchise. been 46 years without a cup. 

Really? !!!!!!

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:11 AM, thejazz97 said:

IMO, if we take a defenseman first, we should take Adam Mascherin (mini-Boeser, OHL) at 33. If we take a forward first, then Luke Green.

I like how you think.  It's a smart approach at least for the first 2 picks.

players sound good, both ranked around 40

I know Johansen and Dineen happen to be very popular for this pick, wich i dont deny one bit. But, say Max Jones slides with his obvious unpredicatbility, cockiness and suspension. Do you think other GM's would stay away? If he slides i for one, would want that edge on this team. The kid can flat out play and he plays with massive edge to his game. Would definitely make us harder to play against in the future. Backcheck. PK, Hits hard, great shot, Big Body, X-Factor type. He kinda reminds me of Bert in the offensive zone sometimes when he puts the one hand on the stick and flicks it towards the net.

P.S. Kind of excited for the draft....

7 hours ago, KKnight said:

I know Johansen and Dineen happen to be very popular for this pick, wich i dont deny one bit. But, say Max Jones slides with his obvious unpredicatbility, cockiness and suspension. Do you think other GM's would stay away? If he slides i for one, would want that edge on this team. The kid can flat out play and he plays with massive edge to his game. Would definitely make us harder to play against in the future. Backcheck. PK, Hits hard, great shot, Big Body, X-Factor type. He kinda reminds me of Bert in the offensive zone sometimes when he puts the one hand on the stick and flicks it towards the net.

P.S. Kind of excited for the draft....

depends if we can find a player with higher potential and I think johansen and Dineen have possibly higher potentials. I see Jones as more of a Jamie McGinn than a Todd Bertuzzi.

42 minutes ago, Kassassinate said:

depends if we can find a player with higher potential and I think johansen and Dineen have possibly higher potentials. I see Jones as more of a Jamie McGinn than a Todd Bertuzzi.

Yeah he ain't bertuzzi, just has some similarities in the offensive zone. The kid is hard to play against and we need more of that on this team going forward. 

Oddly, with the storm around the lottery, I'm suddenly pretty excited for #33, which is essentially a late first (considering how preference-based the rankings always are around that point in the draft). If we pick a forward at #5, we can grab one of the next tier of defensemen at #33, or vice versa. It sucks that we don't get that immediate impact player but we should come away with two solid prospects who could potentially become part of the next core.

As long as we don't pick the next Taylor Ellington, that is.

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

IMO this pick should be Bensen if hes available. We should know a lot more about him then other teams

Thank you internet scout for your feedback. If we pick a dman with our 1st I am all in for Benson. If he wasn't injured, easy 1st rounder. 

9 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Thank you internet scout for your feedback. If we pick a dman with our 1st I am all in for Benson. If he wasn't injured, easy 1st rounder. 

Funny because I have more live viewings of any player than you do. 

7 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Funny because I have more live viewings of any player than you do. Now go watch another highlight package

Oh you do now. I got to see multiple giants games live aswell as the chl top prospects game with my pals. Now I don't consider myself a scout, but I do have a good eye for talent. Get your head out of your ass and wake up; You're not a scout. You're just another douchebag on the internet who thinks his opinions mean much more than others because you go with your daddy to giants games here and there. 

1 minute ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Oh you do now. I got to see multiple giants games live aswell as the chl top prospects game with my pals. Now I don't consider myself a scout, but I do have a good eye for talent. Get your head out of your ass and wake up; You're not a scout. You're just another douchebag on the internet who thinks his opinions mean much more than others because you go with your daddy to giants games here and there. 

I certain WHL organization seems to think otherwise

Archived