The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick #33

Ya I realize this probably belongs in the Entry Draft thread but I think it should be religated to the top 4....Atleast until we get to Draft Lottery.

I would like to focus a bit on our #33.  

Who is there? Who slides out of the 1st?  Best player available? Hot shot defender? 

Anyway......I understand if this thread gets moved or locked. Just like to talk about the next round. Too bad we can't get CBJ 2nd for this year

Just now, missioncanucksfan said:

Ya I realize this probably belongs in the Entry Draft thread but I think it should be religated to the top 4....Atleast until we get to Draft Lottery.

I would like to focus a bit on our #33.  

Who is there? Who slides out of the 1st?  Best player available? Hot shot defender? 

Anyway......I understand if this thread gets moved or locked. Just like to talk about the next round. Too bad we can't get CBJ 2nd for this year

Alf hears Tyler Benson's name bantered about at this spot.  What do you think of him?

25 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

i think Sean Day will be there in 3rd round, he has fallen quite a bit this year

There was talks that Day's game dropped completely, not the same player that was granted Exceptional status. 

I'm gonna make a bold claim and state that Day will still be on the board after the first 75 picks.  

He would be an awful pick at 33rd.  If we still had our 3rd round pick (63rd overall) I would be okay with taking him there.

He's your typical early bloomer.  His progress has stagnated and there are many many better options available.   The only reason people are giving him any consideration in the early rounds now is because of his exceptional status.  

Anyways I'm hoping for:

Alex Debrincat (RW)

Dante Fabbro (D)

Kale Clague (D)

Rasmus Asplund (C)

Samuel Girard (D)

Libor Hajek (D)

Tyler Benson (LW)

Vitali Abramov (LW)

A good portion of these guys will be gone by the time we pick, but I'd be thrilled with any of them.

6 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I'm gonna make a bold claim and state that Day will still be on the board after the first 75 picks.  

He would be an awful pick at 33rd.  If we still had our 3rd round pick (63rd overall) I would be okay with taking him there.

He's your typical early bloomer.  His progress has stagnated and there are many many better options available.   The only reason people are giving him any consideration in the early rounds now is because of his exceptional status. 

We do -- Sutter trade.

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Yeah I mean... Boeser... Demko... HUTTON...

It's a changing landscape, especially with the higher picks.  Hutton had no real leverage.  These top picks, who are looking to be elite prospects have ALL THE LEVERAGE.  Why would Demko not play the next season in college?  It's either develop another year in college, or develop a year in Utica.  There is ZERO advantage going to Utica.  Look at his reward though staying in school for one more year.  He can PICK ANY TEAM.  Alf firmly believes Demko is gone.  We should just forget about him.  We should strike his name from CDC.  

Archived