The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Which winger would you sign?

Which winger would you choose?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No Stamkos? He can play the wing too

We are goin all in on Stammer even if it is a shot in the dark, this summer we will have the potential to throw money at em

But out of the list gotta go with Lucic and Ladd. That would instantly add grit and scoring ability, and would be fun to watch how they bring out the attitude in the younger guys. 

Not really expecting anything big to be honest, we have to overpay guys to sign with a rebuilding club. 

2 hours ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Just wondering who people would sign, given the choice. Not including any centers or defense. Chances are we'll be getting (hopefully) someone to play either a first line role beside the Sedins or on the second line beside Sutter.

Lineup next year as I see it:

Dank - Hank - FA or Hansen

Baer - Sutter - FA or Hansen

Etem - Horvat - Rodin

Guance - Granlund - Virtanen

So it's apparent that we could use a top 6 winger. This isn't considering our draft pick this year, obviously that could change things but I'm curious to see who people would prefer.

If I missed a free agent or screwed something up, let me know.

I dont understand why people mess with chemistry.

Dank - Hank - Hansen = keep the chemistry together

Okposo - Sutter - Draft pick = Sutter hasnt played enough for any chemistry with anyone

Virtanen - Horvat - Baer = Horvat and Baer work well, Virt needs to be 3rd line or higher, or send him down

Guance - Granlund - Etem = whatever's left over line (insert McCann, Burr... etc)

23 minutes ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

lol Okposo is so overrated here on CDC.

The only reason he's been good is because his playing style compliments Tavares well.

Will be nowhere near as effective here on this team and in the West.

But then again, that's my opinion.

He is also had a bunch of injuries the last few years, same with Eriksonn. Huge risk throwing money at guys with injury history

12 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I think Erkisson would be the most productive out of the bunch and cost the least. Second choice would be Okposo, but I think he will sign for more money and wouldn't chose Vancouver. Don't have a good feeling about Ladd, think he will wear down fast. 

Ladd just seems like he has tons of miles on him already 

Has the cap # been confirmed, as of this date? Hoping the NHLPA don't want the escalating 5%.

A stagnant cap would give all FA's a nice reality-check(reminder) of the forces of gravity. You might get a good player at a $/term bargain.

The next coupla' seasons, we'd be at a huge advantage, if many of the top squads had minimal space. Lots of the other teams with cap space suffer from internal budgets, & a less passionate fan-base(drawing lower revenue).

Both Van & TO are sitting pretty in this manner.

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Yeah he doesn't run around hitting people, but like the Sedins he's tough down low and will go to the net.  Sounds like he wants a place to settle down with his family, and be on a good team though.

Damn  guess he won't come here

Again, we DON'T need anyone to play with the Sedins. Please, for the love of all that is hockey, can we please get a 2nd line. Hansen can play with the twins. Done. Now let's build a TEAM instead of pinning all our offensive strength on 1 line. This year will repeat itself if don't address our needs for a 2nd line. Do we have what we need internally to build a 2nd line? Not 100% sure, might take a year to figure it out. Can we grab a short-term 2nd line UFA? Not sure that any of the current UFA's that can play as high as 2nd line minutes can be had for a short term...they'll want 4 plus year contracts. It's an interesting dilemma for sure. I've also gone on record stating that maybe the 4th BPA at this year's draft might be who the Oilers let go, so if we are picking outside the top 3 maybe we need either Yakupov or Eberle to fill in on the 2nd line...I don't know...just spit-ballin'.

Kris Versteeg. Tons of experience in both conferences and ability to play in multiple team styles. Incredible cup run experience and proven playoff performer in the past. Wealth of skill and offensive instincts, Lucic will likely re-sign with the Kings, Islanders might be able to re-sign Okposo but if not I doubt he wants to sign here. Ladd will be an overpayment probably and we have similar younger  players to all these UFAs especially Eriksson & Boedker, Baertschi, Granlund, Etem, & Rodin are eerily similar to

Eriksson & Boedker.

Versteeg is cheapest, brings the most experience, and has almost as much skill and character as any of the other UFAs. 

He could be very dangerous with the Sedins and can play up and down the lineup.

The Sedins should be good for 60 points next year which isn't great for first liners but is middle-of-the-pack, they need help though. Sign someone big with a right handed shot, that's what they need. Okposo would be ideal but we really have to sell the idea of playing with the Sedins.

4 years 6M per. We've got the money, give it to him/whoever wants it.

Sedin - Sedin - Okposo

Baertshi - Sutter - Hansen

That's a pretty decent top-6 right there. Perfect mix of skill, size, youth and veterans in their prime. Daniel, Okposo, Baertschi are going to be good for at least 20 goals. Hansen and Sutter can, if healthy, also score 15-20 goals EASILY. That's a potential 5 x 20 goal scorers which is what the Cup contenders have let alone playoff teams.

Etem - Horvat - Rodin

Gaunce - Granlund - Virtanen

McCann

Vey

These guys will get mixed up a lot and their starting roles will depend on how they do in training camp, but as long as we have a couple of skilled and a couple of tough guys in there (Rodin/McCann/Granlund vs Gaunce/Virtanen/Etem) then we'll have a perfect blend.

Archived