The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music icon Prince passes away at 57

NucksPatsFan

All these celebrity tweets with their faux sadness are a copy/paste from when David Bowie died..."unique"..."once-in-a-lifetime"...it really does cheapen the sentiment and doesn't do justice to either musician, both of whom were incredible in their own right.

It's eery that Prince played at a festival in his home town on the 16th and told the audience wait a few days before you pray for me. It's like he knew.  He also visited a pharmacy himself, instead of sending someone, 4 times over the course of a few days. It definitely wasn't just a "flu" that caused him to emergency land just 45 minutes away from home. 

14 hours ago, Rey said:

Wouldn't be surprised. I've seen several of 30-40 year old guys that still live in their parents basements. I would still call them kids since they act that way. I'm in my mid 20's and already bought my own million dollar home. Your post actually proves my point.

Bought a million dollar home funded by what, your constant use of improper grammar?

7 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

All these celebrity tweets with their faux sadness are a copy/paste from when David Bowie died..."unique"..."once-in-a-lifetime"...it really does cheapen the sentiment and doesn't do justice to either musician, both of whom were incredible in their own right.

A majority of those are probably also done by their interns.  

UPDATE on potential contributory factor in death: Overdose on Percocet 

Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death, and he ingested so much, EMTs had to administer a "save shot" at the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life.

Sources in Moline, Illinois tell TMZ, Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert which triggered the emergency.

Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.

We're told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem. We're told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/

19 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

lol, this is just so strange to me. 80s metal is, without question, the biggest display of latent homosexuality in pop culture that i have ever seen. but i view Prince as just dressing funny on his way to church, or something.

have some manly Iron Maiden and Manowar. 

00669773bae053e7f1366b71b8e4b53a.jpg

Manowar-the-Greatest-Metal-Band-of-All-T

Megadeth never looked like that and they were all over calling out glam bands for exactly what glam meant, gay la metal.

12 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

UPDATE on potential contributory factory in death: Overdose on Percocet 

Another sad victim of the legitimized drug industry. 

THIS is the 'drug war' we should have been fighting all these years... 

What's GWAR? Freak metal? Come on at one point there was groups like Stryper. 

There's a lot of different looks, and different sounds, different beliefs. Especially in the 80's prior to the Grunge era. 

Just because the lead singer of Judas Priest is gay, doesn't mean I have to suddenly not like his music.

He's a helluva a singer. Besides Bruce Dickinson still has great pipes, is a qualified pilot, and probably can sing Aces High as he's flying. 

20 hours ago, Rey said:

Wouldn't be surprised. I've seen several of 30-40 year old guys that still live in their parents basements. I would still call them kids since they act that way. I'm in my mid 20's and already bought my own million dollar home. Your post actually proves my point. All your post have been just judging.

Anyways. None of this is important. Bash me all you want, if that's what makes you happy, i could care less. This thread isn't about me. It's an forum, you can say anything you want but the legend just passed away. Those who sit on their computers that just rip on the guy in a thread that is suppose to show the guy some respect, should be ashamed of themselves. If you think otherwise, than there is something completely wrong with you.

I'm in my mid 20's and already bought my own million dollar home.

This guy reminds me of a poster that was around here about 2 years ago. Bad English, very judgeMENTAL, allegedly successful. Exposed as fraud within 1-2 months.

On 4/22/2016 at 10:12 PM, debluvscanucks said:

I have a beautiful hard copy book...sharing some shots from it.  Gutted, loved Prince. 

13047806_10154018959595549_9121859698788

13076687_10154018959270549_6460340497978

13076971_10154018960425549_5069149666245

13029419_10154018963290549_6297404500204

13077040_10154018965185549_7466818824488

13062998_10154018965430549_6680688709868

Thought you might like this version of Nothing Compares 2 U done by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Radioslave yesterday on Sirius Radio...its bare bones but beautiful....

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Thought you might like this version of Nothing Compares 2 U done by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Radioslave yesterday on Sirius Radio...its bare bones but beautiful....

thanks for posting Shaky, i absolutely love Chris' voice...every time i hear him sing it gives me goosebumps....and this version of that song is truly beautiful.

Archived