The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

I really don't wanna see his time squandered on a 4th line. He may as well be in Utica if that's the case. I'd rather him go hard at winning a championship than try and make a team that is unlikely to go too far in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Junglesniper

I'm feeling the same way about this. If they're bringing him up, he should stay up and he should play. If they just give him a sniff of the big club, then send him back down, it does nothing for Baertschi's fragile confidence.

I expected him to stay in Utica and be a part of the Calder run. Wouldn't that be better for him than playing 8 minutes or less with the Canucks?

• Upvote 2

I really don't wanna see his time squandered on a 4th line. He may as well be in Utica if that's the case. I'd rather him go hard at winning a championship than try and make a team that is unlikely to go too far in the playoffs.

Which is the 4th line?

With Horvat, that would constitute at least the 3rd line.

Sven / Horvat / Dorsett or Hansen

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

He'll be getting third line minutes if he's playing with Horvat.

If the Canucks don't go far he can always go back to Utica. I don't see how it hurts to reward a player who has proven himself on the farm.

If the Canucks don't go far he can always go back to Utica. I don't see how it hurts to reward a player who has proven himself on the farm.

He has shown quite a lot of excitement and gratitude to the Canucks you can't help but like him and his interviews are soo endearing. He really does seem genuinely excited to be here. I'm looking forward to watching him play tomorrow.

If he plays with Horvat then I'm okay with this, because that line will be called upon. I'd just hate to see his confidence diminish by playing 6-8 minutes and not getting enough of a chance to make a big impact. People expect him to shine right away, and if he only gets a half chance at it and disappoints. Vancouver may end up calling for his head irrationally and hurt his confidence once again.

Here's to hoping we play Calgary in the first round.

• Upvote 1

POST-PRACTICE | Baertschi 04.03.15
Sven Baertschi speaks with the media in Winnipeg Friday after being re-called to the Canucks as he prepares to make his Vancouver debut against the Jets.

He likes the way he plays and the expectations here rather than there, that's kind of an interesting comment. Did he follow that up or has he hinted as to what that might imply?

He likes the way he plays and the expectations here rather than there, that's kind of an interesting comment. Did he follow that up or has he hinted as to what that might imply?

Canucks play a high energy, yet smart, and tactical game.

Calgary plays a high energy, hard working, grind it out kind of game.

It's about style of play. He explains it here - starts at the 17:30 mark

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/362636-official-2014-15-utica-comets-thread/?p=12695919

Also at some point I remember them asking him to take example on Brendan Gallagher...

Craig Button on Sven. He thinks it was a real astute move by the Canucks. Starts at 34:40.

He also gives his take on why Calgary traded him - thinks that they recognized that he would not be able to reach his potential under their current regime (- it happens that some coaches prefer some players over others.)
Edited by mll