The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Couple of games against weak defensive teams that we should win easily. I'd like to see Baertschi get another shot. Even though Kenins certainly didn't play his way off the Horvat line, Baertschi needs to prove himself and needs a bigger sample size than 1 big game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vbrata

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Baertschi - Matthias - Vey/Dorsett

IMO we scratch Dorsett for the Arizona game. Shouldn't be too feisty, hopefully they don't come ready to play and don't go around hitting. I'd like to see what Baertschi can do with some skilled linemates, but he's not going to be starting off with Vbrata (which is what I'd ideally like to see at some point, they'd definately complement each other well and Vbrata would be a great mentor for Sven).

Couple of games against weak defensive teams that we should win easily. I'd like to see Baertschi get another shot. Even though Kenins certainly didn't play his way off the Horvat line, Baertschi needs to prove himself and needs a bigger sample size than 1 big game.

Yeah, he needs to prove himself, but he can't do that on the third or fourth line, really. In Calgary, the only time he scored goals was at 14+ minutes a game.

It makes sense to sit a Dorsett for maintenance reasons if needed. Kennans might be a game decision but he has huge playoff value from a physical perspective. Playoff hockey requires that physicality. He has enough NHL games now to have a good idea what coaching wants. Sven B's offense is tantalizing but there is no time to nurse him along unless a injury brings him in.

Sedin's should be rested next game and we should give the younger guys bigger roles to up their confidence for the playoffs.

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Higgins-Vey-Burrows

Mcmillan-Matthias-Dorsett

That first line will show us what Baertschi can really do, also gives Mcmillan a game in case he's needed for the playoffs.

Bärtschi and Clendening both have to make the Vcr team or they need to go on waivers to get them down to Utica Don't like Webers chances, shame because he looked good and the better of the 2

Benning might keep Weber if Weber agrees to a 2-way

Then what is the point of them? I thought that was the whole deal.

the team who owns your contract can pay you a different wage according to what league your currently playing in. A player with a one way makes the same salary nomatter if he plays in the ahl or nhl. A player with a 2 way will recive more money if he plays in the nhl rather that the kibbles he'll makes playing in the AHL.

Im not sure the exact spec. But waiver eligibility has all to do with age/games played in pro.

Edited by Gooseberries

Guest Dasein

Honestly, I could see us keeping Weber over Clendening if he has a big playoffs on the 1st PP unit

I could also see us rotate Clendening and Corrado next year on the right side (Tanev, Bieksa being permanent) - in which case Weber would be gone

Honestly, I could see us keeping Weber over Clendening if he has a big playoffs on the 1st PP unit

I could also see us rotate Clendening and Corrado next year on the right side (Tanev, Bieksa being permanent) - in which case Weber would be gone

Long-term? If so, why in the world would you do that? You're basically giving up on a young prospect who could very well do what Weber does while possessing a high potential to be better than Weber ever was once he hits his prime.

Then what is the point of them? I thought that was the whole deal.

Only in the EA Sports NHL games is that 'the whole deal.' As Goose mentioned, in the real world it's more about cost savings for a player on a two-way deal who would be more likely to be sent down to the AHL and then save the NHL club hundreds of thousands over a year.

It's a coincidence that they'd also be waiver exempt, or at least not good enough for waivers to matter, since they'd be more likely to be sent down or else have earned a one-way deal.

Only in the EA Sports NHL games is that 'the whole deal.' As Goose mentioned, in the real world it's more about cost savings for a player on a two-way deal who would be more likely to be sent down to the AHL and then save the NHL club hundreds of thousands over a year.

It's a coincidence that they'd also be waiver exempt, or at least not good enough for waivers to matter, since they'd be more likely to be sent down or else have earned a one-way deal.

Thanks for clarifying...

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Weber

Sbisa - Bieksa

Stanton - Clendening

Corrado and Biega are down because they can be

Weber and Stanton are moveable but there are good arguments to keep them both.

Weber Cap friendly. Is an RFA. Present cap hit is $850 could resign for $1.2. Is a right shot so may be let go in favour of a young guy but he has played very well since the Canucks had injury trouble and he has recently shown himself to be the most effective point man on the pp. Tough to let this guy slide.

Stanton is serviceable and works cheap. Is an RFA currently earning $550. I could see letting him go in favour of a young player but he plays on the left and all the ready young guys play on the right.

Hammer and Bieksa are character guys and still play well. We know how Benning feels about character. Wouldn't be surprised if Hamhuis gets surgery and misses the first couple of months next year.