The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Good morning, folks. Part of the fun is hearing the play-by-play so here is Baertschi's breakaway goal from last night with commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58ZgOBCHYs

Nasty deke. Excited for this guy to play in the bigs next year!

team should be stacked next yr with

cassels

liberati

mceneny

subban

pushing for spots

plus who knows what trades we make at draft

baerchi, hutton, gaunce, shinkaruk, mccann virtanen will all have monster training camp auditions pushing for nhl jobs

if 3-4 of these guys are ready watch canuck forced into some trades to get rid of vets (higgins, hansen, mattias, richardson, bieska, hamhuis)

team should be stacked next yr with

cassels

liberati

mceneny

subban

pushing for spots

plus who knows what trades we make at draft

baerchi, hutton, gaunce, shinkaruk, mccann virtanen will all have monster training camp auditions pushing for nhl jobs

if 3-4 of these guys are ready watch canuck forced into some trades to get rid of vets (higgins, hansen, mattias, richardson, bieska, hamhuis)

The only 3 that really have a shot on the roster next year out of training camp is:

Virtanen

Baertschi

McCann

Call ups:

Shinkaruk

gaunce

Jensen

Hutton

Subban?

All of you guys and gals wanting to get rid of vets, think of where this team would be without Higgins (solid PK, 2nd or 3rd line), Hansen (on the 4th line, but night after night, they might be the best line) SM (the only big body currently in the lineup, and closing in on 20goals) Richardson ( currently injured, but solid, gritty, face off guy, who other than Horvat we don't have) Bieksa ( leadership, and if he wasn't good enough now, one of Stanton, Clendenning, or Corrado) would be in the lineup, and Hamhuis ( doesn't look right and maybe should have been shut down for the season, but still better than anyone on the farm.

• Upvote 3

All of you guys and gals wanting to get rid of vets, think of where this team would be without Higgins (solid PK, 2nd or 3rd line), Hansen (on the 4th line, but night after night, they might be the best line) SM (the only big body currently in the lineup, and closing in on 20goals) Richardson ( currently injured, but solid, gritty, face off guy, who other than Horvat we don't have) Bieksa ( leadership, and if he wasn't good enough now, one of Stanton, Clendenning, or Corrado) would be in the lineup, and Hamhuis ( doesn't look right and maybe should have been shut down for the season, but still better than anyone on the farm.

CDC just gets excited about their shiny new toys. Haha

Their the same ones who will want benning fired if he did this and the prospects never properly developed

The only 3 that really have a shot on the roster next year out of training camp is:

Virtanen

Baertschi

McCann

Call ups:

Shinkaruk

gaunce

Jensen

Hutton

Subban?

I don't really see Jensen being in the Canucks organization after this year. The guy just hasn't progressed. It's not like Gaunce who doesn't project to be a top six forward. Jensen looks like he's regressing and may need to be moved. I expect that Jensen will be to the Canucks what Baertschi was to the Flames.

Can't believe our idiot GM gave up a 2nd in a deep draft for this soft Euro bust.

- RunningWild/desiboy/others (take your pick)

At least he barely but finally hit the Desi-floor standard with 2 points. It's only one game but hopefully this is a sign he might be improving, otherwise maybe Benning can salvage something and flip him for a 3rd or 4th.

Edited by swift4grizz

I don't really see Jensen being in the Canucks organization after this year. The guy just hasn't progressed. It's not like Gaunce who doesn't project to be a top six forward. Jensen looks like he's regressing and may need to be moved. I expect that Jensen will be to the Canucks what Baertschi was to the Flames.

You know what regressed means right? Jensen has more points this year than last year so no matter what that is progression

• Upvote 1

a living nightmare of regret that haunts them for the next 10 years?

A bit ahead of yourself eh? ;)

Seems really promising though, does look like Benning pulled a fast-one, but his ceiling has yet to be determined obviously. Either way, we fast-tracked our 2nd rounder from this year into somebody that makes our farm team an instant contender and will likely play in the bigs with us next year. Hard to complain about that.

WTF. He's in his second year in the ahl. He's still getting better. He hasn't even played 30 games in the nhl I believe.

WTF. He's in his second year in the ahl. He's still getting better. He hasn't even played 30 games in the nhl I believe.

I can kind of see where he's coming from. His offense hasn't picked up in his 3rd pro season.

Also he's minus 16 while almost everyone else on the team is a plus player.