The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Kinda stupid to sit him honestly. Much better option than kenins and if they try to use the size excuse he is better than vey so either way dumb decision made.

I was hoping for...

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata

Kenins - Matthias - Dorsett

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

I can see Baertschi slotting in the remainder two games to experiment to generate some more offense.

Vey was brutal once again in the draws, and didn't see a wink in the third. Gotta think WD is leaning to moving Matthias to the wing and maybe getting some offense on that line with Baerts.

I don't understand why Linden Vey has been given opportunities beyond belief.

He hasn't been very good.

I'd want Sven to be given time on the third line. At the very least with Horvat, but it didn't seem like he had too much chemistry with Bo in the last game (against the Jets).

I hope Baertschi gets an opportunity over the last two games against one of the worst teams in the league against the 'Yotes and Oilers. Might give him some traction, if he has success against those teams, heading into the postseason.

If they going to just sit him, than it is better off to let him stay in the AHL. Furthermore, AHL playoff experience will be great for him. The knock on Baertschi is he doesn't like to do battles along the boards. So either send him down or bench either Vey, Dorsett or Kennins.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

If they going to just sit him, than it is better off to let him stay in the AHL. Furthermore, AHL playoff experience will be great for him. The knock on Baertschi is he doesn't like to do battles along the boards. So either send him down or bench either Vey, Dorsett or Kennins.

Baertschi's gotta battle along the boards a little more than he does. if he does, that's improvement in his game. makes him a larger offensive threat.

I like what Kenins, and Dorsett brings (physicality, strong forechecking, etc). Vey, although not considered small (average height, 5'11/6'), plays smaller than he is. he gets knocked off the puck way too often. he loses battles along the boards too often. and he's not that physical either. he doesn't produce very much offensively, and he sucks at winning draws. so how is this guy continue to be in the line up?

Why in the world would Dorsett come out? The guy gives you everything every night and is the only semblanes of grit in the line up

All of you guys and gals wanting to get rid of vets, think of where this team would be without Higgins (solid PK, 2nd or 3rd line), Hansen (on the 4th line, but night after night, they might be the best line) SM (the only big body currently in the lineup, and closing in on 20goals) Richardson ( currently injured, but solid, gritty, face off guy, who other than Horvat we don't have) Bieksa ( leadership, and if he wasn't good enough now, one of Stanton, Clendenning, or Corrado) would be in the lineup, and Hamhuis ( doesn't look right and maybe should have been shut down for the season, but still better than anyone on the farm.

lol stop living in the middle ages... All NHL teams need to replace vets with youth, or soon we'll look like Colorado after Joe Sakic retired.

• Upvote 1

We should get him into the lineup for the last couple games, and sit Vey like I've been saying. Let's see what Baertschi has, if he's good enough to play then we could really use him to burn Calgary in a series.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Baertschi Matthias Dorsett

Kenins Horvat Hansen

playoffs:

Sedin Sedin Kassian?

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Baertschi Richardson? Burrows

Matthias Horvat Hansen

It'd also be nice to get those two back.

We should get him into the lineup for the last couple games, and sit Vey like I've been saying. Let's see what Baertschi has, if he's good enough to play then we could really use him to burn Calgary in a series.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

playoffs:

Sedin Sedin Kassian?

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Baertschi Richardson? Burrows

Matthias Horvat Hansen

It'd also be nice to get those two back.

Baertshi would be best used playing with a center that can shoot, not grinders

They need to switch the lines up a bit, something willy never does

Sedin Sedin burrows

Higgins bonino vrbata

Baertshi Horvat Hansen

Kenins Mathias Dorset

Actually make a 4th line full of grinders and hitters and speed

Baertshi and Horvat need more then a game together, it seemed at times they would go to the same spot on a rush

Give them more then one game

Kenins deserves a spot on the 4th line

Mathias plays better at center

Vey is a defensive liability I don't think he played in the 3rd period last night

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

That's probably what I'd do as well except I'd probably swap your bottom two lines :P

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Dorsett can dig the pucks out of corners/off the wall, Baer can set up the plays and Mathias can be the shooter/drive to the net.

Even better, I'd love to get Kassian back for a game or two prior to the playoffs and send Baer back to Utica TBH.

Edited by J.R.

There's method to WD madness. He's teaching youngster that life in the NHL is tough. You play every shift like it was your last and you have to do some thing exceptional to take away a vets slot. Both SB and Kenins are on the edge of their seat almost crying out for a role on the team and Willy's telling them when you can do it every night every shift then and not before you'll get a regular spot. It's tough to become a Pro in the NHL, few prospects make it, the chnaces are stcked against you, but that has a direct corrolation between what you bring each shift. If they're smart they'll do it if they're not smart..... next.

There's method to WD madness. He's teaching youngster that life in the NHL is tough. You play every shift like it was your last and you have to do some thing exceptional to take away a vets slot. Both SB and Kenins are on the edge of their seat almost crying out for a role on the team and Willy's telling them when you can do it every night every shift then and not before you'll get a regular spot. It's tough to become a Pro in the NHL, few prospects make it, the chnaces are stcked against you, but that has a direct corrolation between what you bring each shift. If they're smart they'll do it if they're not smart..... next.

Imo after his time with the Flames, Baertschi is well aware that life in the NHL (and getting into the lineup) is tough.

• Upvote 1

Sven's going to make it.

I expect him to be in the line up for the last two games of the regular season.

he's an offensive player. the team needs a player like this. and defensively not bad.