The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Baertschi with 3 penalties in this game. Since the beginning of the game, haven't really noticed him out there. Waiting for him to break through the game with an offensive opportunity. Not sure how this is going to be go with WD. I hope Sven's going to be given every opportunity to succeed in his call up. Defensively is ok. But makes you appreciate what Bo is really doing in the NHL defensively, and offensively as an NHL player, and rookie.

Baertschi with 3 penalties in this game. Since the beginning of the game, haven't really noticed him out there. Waiting for him to break through the game with an offensive opportunity. Not sure how this is going to be go with WD. I hope Sven's going to be given every opportunity to succeed in his call up. Defensively is ok. But makes you appreciate what Bo is really doing in the NHL defensively, and offensively as an NHL player, and rookie.

Your not looking hard enough.

2 penalties not 3

His second hooking call was weak. The next play, hamhuis is basically hooked the exact same amount right off the faceoff and not called.

Thought he was ok. That line didn't have much chemistry after the initial chances. Bo didn't play great and neither did Hansen either.

First game with a new team didn't expect a hattrick.

Thought he looked alright despite the penalties, had that cross crease pass to dorsett (not sure if I remember correctly) and other than that he didn't get stuck in as much I had liked to see.

It seemed like he pulled out of a lot of 50-50 situations. Still believe that he should have remained with Utica for the remainder of the season to keep the scoring rate going but hey, 5/10 an average score for his debut from me.

Had moments for sure, got some speed, but takes a few indirect lines to pucks. I think he can help himself create a little more time and space by getting in the right lane ad finding his way to board battles a little faster.

Hard stepping into a lineup playing with people you never have before, but I think he would fit a little better playing with Bonino and Vrby honestly. Horvat needs guys who can crash the net with him and get into the corners strong.

• Upvote 2

Had moments for sure, got some speed, but takes a few indirect lines to pucks. I think he can help himself create a little more time and space by getting in the right lane ad finding his way to board battles a little faster.

Hard stepping into a lineup playing with people you never have before, but I think he would fit a little better playing with Bonino and Vrby honestly. Horvat needs guys who can crash the net with him and get into the corners strong.

Ya I thought overall he played a not bad game. The 1 call on him was fair but the second? Pretty Weak especially after Party grabbed Sbisa because he lost his stick. Agree that Horvat needs someone to crash and play strong along the boards. He skates a lot like Mason Raymond does , anyone notice that?

I really don't wanna see his time squandered on a 4th line. He may as well be in Utica if that's the case. I'd rather him go hard at winning a championship than try and make a team that is unlikely to go too far in the playoffs.

If we dont make it far he can still play in Utica if their not eliminated i believe

yay vey isnt even as good as raymond and i hated raymond not sure the players cAnucks pick sometimes we need big players who have heart like linden that hit and work hard not soft players that can win faceoffs or in the corners

Vey's in his rookie season, yet you're comparing him to what was one of our vets? Not only that, but Raymond's a winger and Vey's a center.

:picard:

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

Back to his more familiar #47 after this odd experiment with #42 (despite #47 being available and some of our other rookies rocking higher numbers - contrary to the unwritten rule)...

. @SvenBaertschi sporting No. 47 as he hits the ice for #Canucks practice this morning.