The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Burrows | #14 | RW

-SN-

5 hours ago, zombieksa said:

I really hope Burrows can get to 700 games played and/or 400 points. This year is his last with the Canucks most likely. If he has a rebound year maybe he comes in cheap as a 4th liner for a year but most likely not.

I love Burr. Never want him to leave. Hope he stays in the organization in some manner for years to come.

Yeah, is sad to see the old 2011 team slowly being dismantled.  Besides Bur, all that is left are Hank, Danny, Eddie, Honey Badger and Tanev in his rookie year.

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rather have LaBate.

if burr wasn't so legendary I would agree.  but burr is clutch and a culture carrier.  Maybe by mid season if he cannot keep up.

I'm happy lebate showed so well. we could use his skillset. I was thoroughly impressed with him.

love how we got Boeser, Demko, and Juolevi all dominating a step below.  getting ready to rar up and take us up to the top.  (we finally got some studs developing properly!)

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I am sure he could definitely help them out in the playoffs with his grit and determination. That said we would probably only get a 5th rounder or so for him at this point.

Montreal has three seconds in the coming draft.  I think we could get one of those seconds for Burr.  JB won't do it though.  He trades away picks, doesn't he?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Today reminded me of how much I'll miss Burrows if he's traded, and if not, whenever he retires. He was in vintage form scoring and then chirping Lehner right after, and drawing two penalties was the icing on the cake. I really hope he gets a shot at a Cup if he does get dealt (although it'd be really hard for me to cheer for Montreal).

Just now, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Today reminded me of how much I'll miss Burrows if he's traded, and if not, whenever he retires. He was in vintage form scoring and then chirping Lehner right after, and drawing two penalties was the icing on the cake. I really hope he gets a shot at a Cup if he does get dealt (although it'd be really hard for me to cheer for Montreal).

Yeah. I can see the justification to trade him, but it would definitely be a tough moment. I wouldn't be against signing him for one more year at the same price or cheaper than he's currently at. I also wouldn't hold it against him if he wants to chase a Cup elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I think he knew there were scouts from the Habs at the game and put on a vintage performance.

I hope he wins a cup.  

He'll always be our Alex 

12 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Yeah. I can see the justification to trade him, but it would definitely be a tough moment. I wouldn't be against signing him for one more year at the same price or cheaper than he's currently at. I also wouldn't hold it against him if he wants to chase a Cup elsewhere.

Last night was classic Burrows. Have loved this guy since he first made the Moose. He has been unfairly regulated as solely an agitator, although a big part of his game. His desire to win trumps all else. IMHO his play benefited the Twins more than vice versa. Burrows has had a great road trip after being in a scoring funk for 3 weeks. His recent success should not cloud the reality that Alex Burrows time is ending. If he can be moved for a draft pick it has to happen. As a UFA if he wants to return it would have to be a serious option. Burrows will not get a CUP shot with Van if he can get one with the Habs I wish him well and cheer him on.  

I rank Alex Burrows up there with Stan Smyl as far as impact on the franchise.

Edited by Boudrias
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal ‏@DhaliwalSports  8m8 minutes ago

Sources says Alexandre Burrows and his agent will meet in Montreal this week to discuss his future. #Canucks

If this is the end of the line for Burrows...well, he'll be missed. Did a little research; of all the players that went undrafted, Burrows is currently in 29th all time in points, all time. Another season about like this one, and prorating out this year, and he could pass 3-4 more players.

It will be questioned, after his career, about ROH and retired jersey. To me...ROH shouldn't even be discussed; HELL YES!  Retired jersey...no. I would keep his number available for similar type players, kinda like #9 used to mean that you were GOOD.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undrafted_NHL_players_with_100_games_played

Edited by Father Ryan