The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Torts doesn't like Gaunce which was why he didn't last till the end of Camp even though he played pretty well for the most part.

He's going to be trade bait depending on our situation in the standings come trade dead line. Lets be real, he's no Bo Horvat so it's no real loss. Plus Cassels is already better than him on the depth chart

of course he's no Bo Horvat, if he was anything near Bo Horvat he wouldn't have dropped to 25th.

WTF is up with you and slamming all Canucks 1st rounders? Wth is your problem??

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Upvote 4

of course he's no Bo Horvat, if he was anything near Bo Horvat he wouldn't have dropped to 25th.

WTF is up with you and slamming all Canucks 1st rounders? Wth is your problem??

I think it's time to make the first add to the ignore list...

On topic:

Gaunce seems to be adjusting well to the trade and picking up where he left off. Hopefully he keeps the pace up for the season.

Edited by Chronic.Canucks.Fan

I'll still take the Knights over the Otters. They have experience from last year's mem cup, and the offensive weapons in Domi, Horvat, Tierney, Anderson, and the returning blue liner in Zadorov. If Maata didn't make the Pens they'd be even more stacked.

Otters are good but they're still young. I think the Generals deserve to be in this conversation as well, with Laughton/Cassels leading the charge.

Torts doesn't like Gaunce which was why he didn't last till the end of Camp even though he played pretty well for the most part.

He's going to be trade bait depending on our situation in the standings come trade dead line. Lets be real, he's no Bo Horvat so it's no real loss. Plus Cassels is already better than him on the depth chart

You base this on what? Inside knowledge of some sort?

Torts sent him down because the team was basically set and having X amount of excess centers is redundant. Gaunce will be our star 3rd line C in the next 3 years or less.

• Upvote 1

I'll still take the Knights over the Otters. They have experience from last year's mem cup, and the offensive weapons in Domi, Horvat, Tierney, Anderson, and the returning blue liner in Zadorov. If Maata didn't make the Pens they'd be even more stacked.

Otters are good but they're still young. I think the Generals deserve to be in this conversation as well, with Laughton/Cassels leading the charge.

Honestly, I would say Knights only had an edge over the Otters because of Horvat. Now that Erie has the size, two-way play and production of Gaunce, things have evened up. I don't see Generals doing extremely well though. Cassels is a champ as is Laughton but the team otherwise isn't as stacked. I do think it's absolutely nuts that regardless of which team does well, one of our prospects is going to be leading the charge.

I think we have a good one in Gaunce:

d6fbe806bf876b586a395f909dad4da9_normal.jpegThomas Drance@ThomasDrance22h

@taj1944 @offersheet the only players who've scored like Gaunce at EV last few years are overagers, Galchenyuk + Monahan.

View conversation

Good company to be in. He scores garbage goals and can score from distance. I think he's going to be a 20-20 guy who can also play the PK and tough shutdown minutes. That's a player you want on your team.

• Upvote 1

He's a good young prospect, also has been beastly in the playoffs, and when it comes down to it I'd rather have a great playoff performer than a great regular season performer. That's what MG is building.

Edited by Derp...

I've said it before, saying it again - we have a good 3c in gaunce. He's a right place high iq type player. He won't ever score a flashy goal or put up points on the pp but hes a valuable asset imo. The other c's on team Canada are all highly skilled and can fly and I think that's why they were picked for the bigger ice.

Ryan O'Reilly except a 3c version.