The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato

After two periods in Erie, #Canucks prospect Dane Fox has two goals and an assist, while Brendan Gaunce has one goal. Fox now has 44 goals.

Goal and +1 in the third. Fox added another goal for 3g and 1a.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/66579

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1

Canada sure could have used Gaunce's defensive skills and leadership today.

in a non biased opinion I think they could have used him. One of Gaunces strength is crashing the net, and getting dirty goals. NO one was able to really do that for Canada. ON top of that, he will probably play a better grinding role then someone like Laughton, he is too use to the offensive game.

Ya, and Druin was the heart & soul of that team, NOT! Canadian hockey has lost itself. It is sickening to see players looking to the ref after every hit or board play. Cherry is bang on. Sutter sold out.

I agree with everything that cherry said... other than the domi part. domi is a classless loser. he took like 10 mins in penalties in one of the canada summer exhibition games for being an idiot. even after the goal he scored that cherry showed he acted like an idiot. team Canada will never be just about skill. leadership and class come into play as well. hense why if marchand ever leads the league in scoring he will still be left off team Canada.

I agree with everything that cherry said... other than the domi part. domi is a classless loser. he took like 10 mins in penalties in one of the canada summer exhibition games for being an idiot. even after the goal he scored that cherry showed he acted like an idiot. team Canada will never be just about skill. leadership and class come into play as well. hense why if marchand ever leads the league in scoring he will still be left off team Canada.

Marchands probably going to make team Canada tomorrow, just saying.

I dont think this kid is a bust. Only canuck prospect I will consider a bust will be Jensen. And Hockey Canada has to do a better job a selecting the best team not the best players for the World Jr.'s. I'll actually be shocked if Canada wins gold this year.

They should of loaded up on 19 yo's instead of looking ahead to next years tourney. Even if Gaunce wasn't the best 19yo defensive forward he would most likey brought more to the table then McDavid. And even though he would never admit it, Gaunce must feel a tad better knowing Canada didn't win Gold and Sutter looks like a total moron now.

• Upvote 2

They should of loaded up on 19 yo's instead of looking ahead to next years tourney. Even if Gaunce wasn't the best 19yo defensive forward he would most likey brought more to the table then McDavid. And even though he would never admit it, Gaunce must feel a tad better knowing Canada didn't win Gold and Sutter looks like a total moron now.

I'm sure he wanted to see his buddies and country succeed. But there must be some kind of satisfaction from sutter's failure. That's just human nature haha