The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Yup, I seem to remember having this same conversation a little while ago in this same thread. Not as high in our rankings of top prospects? Sure, but not forgotten by the people that follow our prospects closely.

ahmen to that Elvis. We know who those true believers are
  • Upvote 2

Higgins needs to be moved. Virtanen, Gaunce, Kenins, Grenier and even Shinkaruk are ready for some time with the big club imo.

Kenins, Gaunce, Virtanen probably full time.

Do you see Guance in the bottom six? If all these guys earn spots, who goes along with Higgins?

Do you see Guance in the bottom six? If all these guys earn spots, who goes along with Higgins?

Yeah on the 4th line. I expect Virtanen and Kenins to be on the team the most out of those players though.

Something like

Virtanen-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Kenins

Or

Kenins-Prust-Dorsett

Vey

Still leaves Gaunce, Grenier, Jensen (If he put in work this off season) off the team. We have too many forwards.

Hopefully Vrbata and one of Hansen/Burrows are traded at the deadline.

Yeah on the 4th line. I expect Virtanen and Kenins to be on the team the most out of those players though.

Something like

Virtanen-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Kenins

Or

Kenins-Prust-Dorsett

Vey

Still leaves Gaunce, Grenier, Jensen (If he put in work this off season) off the team. We have too many forwards.

Hopefully Vrbata and one of Hansen/Burrows are traded at the deadline.

Thanks, I respect your points.

Guance looks almost ready now. He's been very noticeable since being switched to wing. If it's between Burr and Hansen, which one do you feel would bring the most value?

Thanks, I respect your points.

Guance looks almost ready now. He's been very noticeable since being switched to wing. If it's between Burr and Hansen, which one do you feel would bring the most value?

Yeah Gaunce could probably make the team now, but Kenins was on the team for a while last year and looked really good until he hurt his knee. Virtanen is ready imo and would need to back to jr, so I have no idea how Gaunce fits in, even if he is ready.

I think Hansen would for sure. He's 5 years younger and better right now. Burr has been declining and has a big contract.

Higgins needs to be moved. Virtanen, Gaunce, Kenins, Grenier and even Shinkaruk are ready for some time with the big club imo.

Kenins, Gaunce, Virtanen probably full time.

I'd be surprised if Higgins (and Vrbata) are moved before the deadline. But those are the guys on the move IMO.

Burr and Hansen aren't going anywhere yet is imagine. MAYBE 2017 deadline.

Most of those guys will be in Utica where they belong and can be called up for the inevitable injuries.

I'd be surprised if Higgins (and Vrbata) are moved before the deadline. But those are the guys on the move IMO.

Burr and Hansen aren't going anywhere yet is imagine. MAYBE 2017 deadline.

Most of those guys will be in Utica where they belong and can be called up tfor the inevitable injuries.

100% agree. Vrbata has to go, fetch a prospect or a pick. Higgy is a awesome player and a great leader, but at this point he is just taking up a slot and we have kids who will earn those spots. Prust will likely be traded at the deadline too.

Burrs is a Canuck through and through, he promotes what we are trying to build in Vancouver, even with a decline, he plays anywhere he needs to and plays it hard. Hansen is also one of the hardest workers on the team, and Iv heard benning is a huge fan of his play.

I would like to see at the start of the year:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Friesen/Cassels - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Sbisa

Weber - Corrado

Miller

Marky

Trade:

Vrbata

Hamhuis

Higgins

Prust

Hansen

Call up:

Virtanen

Kenins

Gaunce

Grenier

Pedan

End of the season: ( ^ up, * down )

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Horvat^ - Virtanen^

Kenins^ - Sutter* - Grenier^

Gaunce^ - Friesen/Cassels - Dorsett

Edler - Sbisa^

Weber^ - Tanev*

Bartkowski^ - Corrado

Miller

Marky...soon

Next year after could feature:

Pedan

Hutton

Shinkaruk

Zalewski

...Should have kept Forsling

Edited by Horvat

And back to Brendan Gaunce - did anyone notice that he was on the ice for 5 on 3 PK today and won important faceoff despite the fact that he did not play centre for a year?

I wasn't able to watch the game (yet), but if I remember correctly he was always known for being good on faceoffs.

I think we all need to be patient and understand that there probably won't be an influx of youth this season. I think they'll ride this season out with the guys they have and let Gaunce, Shink, Kenins, Grenier etc have another year in Utica and really get used to carrying the lions share of the load for their team. Next year we will see a totally different lineup than this year.

Baertschi and Corrado this year, possibly Virtanen will be the infusion of youth this year.