The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen | #36 | RW

-SN-

So Capfriendly finally updated their info today on Hansen's trade clause: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jannik-hansen

CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits a 8 team trade list (team has 45 days to trade player once player submits his list otherwise requested list is voided)

Capgeek (before they shut down) listed Hansen with a modified NTC. 

Capfriendly listed Hansen with a full NTC until today's edit.

So depending on how one reads Benning's comments on not asking players to waive, Hansen might be in play for a potential trade (as a hedge against the expansion draft).

Asking for a team list, in full accordance with the terms of the m-NTC, is IMO different from asking to outright waive a NTC (which is what Benning explicitly said he won't do).

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So Capfriendly finally updated their info today on Hansen's trade clause: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jannik-hansen

CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits a 8 team trade list (team has 45 days to trade player once player submits his list otherwise requested list is voided)

So depending on how one reads Benning's comments on not asking players to waive, Hansen might be in play for a potential trade (as a hedge against the expansion draft).

Asking for a team list, in full accordance with the terms of the m-NTC, is IMO different from asking to outright waive a NTC (which is what Benning explicitly said he won't do).

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

What are the odds JB trades away any players at this coming TDL?  

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don't think so.  This is Hansen after he heard about the Benning comments:  “It’s nice that you don’t have to speculate as to whether they’re going to come in five days or five weeks to ask you for a list of (trade) teams.”

9 minutes ago, mll said:

I don't think so.  This is Hansen after he heard about the Benning comments:  “It’s nice that you don’t have to speculate as to whether they’re going to come in five days or five weeks to ask you for a list of (trade) teams.”

Could be you're right. And obviously Hansen interpreted things that way.

Maybe I'm too much of a "small print" guy by nature, but I don't read Benning's comments as offering much of a guarantee to a player with Hansen's contract type.

But if the Canucks get to a point where they decide they want to protect Baertschi and Granlund, it pretty much means Hansen gets exposed. At which point he might prefer to give his list of teams and hold some control, rather than have to speculate as to whether or not he's moving to Vegas next season.

EDIT: Of course he'd need to be protected wherever he ends up or he's in the same boat re: expansion.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

When he comes back assuming we're healthy where does he slot in and who is the odd man out?

Lord knows where Willie D. will actually play him, but...I would like to see him with Sutter/Granlund, or with Gaunce/Chaput/Skille. Not with the Twins (and yes I full aware of how well he meshes with them). But, playing alongside Sutter/Granlund, we get a two way line with the speed at all three positions, and the grit with Hansen and Sutter, to drive virtually any line in the NHL to distraction, knowing they also have to play a 200ft game or get scored on repeatedly. With the 4th line guys, he can show them how to play the game from their standpoint, and give them a winger capable of scoring 20 goals to give them a little confidence. Leave Eriksson with the Twins, they seem like they are starting to work out playing together here in the NHL versus the larger international rinks.

But hey, with the Twins is also just fine; we know what that can do for the team!

27 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Lord knows where Willie D. will actually play him, but...I would like to see him with Sutter/Granlund, or with Gaunce/Chaput/Skille. Not with the Twins (and yes I full aware of how well he meshes with them). But, playing alongside Sutter/Granlund, we get a two way line with the speed at all three positions, and the grit with Hansen and Sutter, to drive virtually any line in the NHL to distraction, knowing they also have to play a 200ft game or get scored on repeatedly. With the 4th line guys, he can show them how to play the game from their standpoint, and give them a winger capable of scoring 20 goals to give them a little confidence. Leave Eriksson with the Twins, they seem like they are starting to work out playing together here in the NHL versus the larger international rinks.

But hey, with the Twins is also just fine; we know what that can do for the team!

I like the idea of Hansen with Granlund and Sutter. They played well when they played together.

Eriksson is here for 5 years after this one and Sedins for at least one more season, maybe more. Might as well give them more time to gel this season so that we can at least get a second line out of them next season (and beyond) .

Baertschi-Horvat-First line winger

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Not too bad of a line up, provided that Horvat and Baertschi becomes 50-60 point scorers starting next season.

3 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

When he comes back assuming we're healthy where does he slot in and who is the odd man out?

For me the obvious choice is Megna.  But knowing WD who knows, Megna is the new Linden Vey (Not meant to be mean towards Vey knowing his personal situation just a reflection on WD's tunnel vision)

9 hours ago, khay said:

I like the idea of Hansen with Granlund and Sutter. They played well when they played together.

Eriksson is here for 5 years after this one and Sedins for at least one more season, maybe more. Might as well give them more time to gel this season so that we can at least get a second line out of them next season (and beyond) .

Baertschi-Horvat-First line winger

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Granlund-Sutter-Hansen

Not too bad of a line up, provided that Horvat and Baertschi becomes 50-60 point scorers starting next season.

Bo is already on pace for just over 50 points and Baer isn't too far. I agree though, just a bit of an improvement and we'll be pretty well set.

On the topic of Hansen, while I would kind of like him to play with the twins, I believe that Eriksson works with them as well and perhaps Hansen would be better suited to the Sutter/Granny line. Either way, his versatility is very valuable.

Boy do I hope we don't rush Honey Badger just for the sake of needing a spark other than the names Bo,Baer, Sedins, Stecher, Tram, etc. We need him to be 100% healthy so we don't run into the risk of reinjuring that knee again. If he's coming back, that'd be great. He is a great leader and example for the young players and having him would only increase our chances of securing a playoff spot

I think the whole reason Willie has been so insistent on playing Megna is because his game is closer to Hansen's than anyone else.

Granted, the basic similarity is speed, but their other skills aren't too far off from each other that they can't be thought of as fulfilling  similar roles.

Please, let it be Megna...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has provided management with a 8 team list for possible trade as per TSN1040 - 02/22/17

Well that's a start.  I got nothing against Hansen, except his voice:P, it's just this franchise needs to stock up on the youth and draft picks and Hansen should fetch a hearty return.  It will also officially signal it's time for a rebuild and the rumours of owners meddling and refusing to sell is just fabricated nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Has provided management with a 8 team list for possible trade as per TSN1040 - 02/22/17

Well that's a start.  I got nothing against Hansen, except his voice:P, it's just this franchise needs to stock up on the youth and draft picks and Hansen should fetch a hearty return.  It will also officially signal it's time for a rebuild and the rumours of owners meddling and refusing to sell is just fabricated nonsense. 

He will be missed, but the future awaits.

Personally I'd rather keep Hansen.  He is signed for one more season at a cap friendly hit and he is playing better then I can ever remember.  I just don't think another team will offer us equal value.  He is an important player for us now and going forward.  If we get a late 1st rounder then OK, but a late 2nd or 3rd is not going to get it done.

6 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Personally I'd rather keep Hansen.  He is signed for one more season at a cap friendly hit and he is playing better then I can ever remember.  I just don't think another team will offer us equal value.  He is an important player for us now and going forward.  If we get a late 1st rounder then OK, but a late 2nd or 3rd is not going to get it done.

Absolutely agree. I'm down for trading Hansen, but only if we get an early 2nd or late 1st (which is more likely given the teams we'll be offering him to)

Archived