The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Considering that he is the face of the franchise now, they might wanna start getting a head start on that.  Long summer ahead of us, but can also get away from us and become a long distraction.

He's going to get signed, don't worry

People are actually worried about this?

If he plays and gets injured, he's going to have a lot less leverage to get that long term deal he wants, because from a management side, their argument will be ya, but lets see what you do after you recover from this. That's really all it looks like there is to it. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/19/2017 at 3:16 PM, soshified said:

is he exempt from the draft? or do we have to protect him? 

Also on cap friendly, it shows us being able to protect Tanev Edler Sbisa exposing Biega, as all the rest are exempt. am I missing something as to why people are still worried about losing Sbisa?

1 minute ago, bp79 said:

is he exempt from the draft? or do we have to protect him? 

Also on cap friendly, it shows us being able to protect Tanev Edler Sbisa exposing Biega, as all the rest are exempt. am I missing something as to why people are still worried about losing Sbisa?

You're forgetting gudbranson 

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You're forgetting gudbranson 

I wasn't sure on him. As he is not highlighted in green which on that site says players in green meet requirements. So wasn't sure about gud and Bo. So that means both Bo and gud have to be protected then?

44 minutes ago, bp79 said:

I wasn't sure on him. As he is not highlighted in green which on that site says players in green meet requirements. So wasn't sure about gud and Bo. So that means both Bo and gud have to be protected then?

Yep, they do. They are RFAs so maybe that's why they had a different colour or whatever.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 0:16 AM, soshified said:

I'm just pissed since this means he won't be in the World Championships, which i'll be attending in Paris. 

Oh well at least I still get to see Edler <_<

27 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I was happy with his progression this year though his late season slump kind of concerns me. It makes me feel he's probably going to settle into a 45 to 55 point player. Rather than a 60 to 65 pt guy. 

He got a strong start which was a concern considering his 2 previous seasons. Not as worried about his tailing off as his TOI edged higher and he got more 1st line type starts, ie ozone starts. He was drawing more top pairing "d" coverage. It is experience of what he will get more of. I did not think Horvat had top line wingers for most of the season. IMHO

Baer still has question  even with his solid season.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:30 PM, apollo said:

I'm so scared of the contract Jimbo will give him... :(

I think it's very likely that he'll get in the ballpark of $6M per year. Some sort of NMC or NTC wouldn't surprise me either. I expect 5+ years. It will be a big contract no doubt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎03 at 8:39 AM, iinatcc said:

I was happy with his progression this year though his late season slump kind of concerns me. It makes me feel he's probably going to settle into a 45 to 55 point player. Rather than a 60 to 65 pt guy. 

I wouldn't be too worried about that late season goal slump. Take a look at all the goals he did score last season, they all meant something and were all important to the game. Bo's goals would win the game, get the team into a game, tie the game, or seal the game. He is a big moment type of player and needs the pressure to perform. IMHO he took the last 20 games of the season off because there was nothing to play for, of course not on purpose, some guys just need that extra motive to perform well. If we were in the hunt for a wildcard spot I think we would have seen a different Bo finish out the reg. season.

From a GM stand point, it's great when players don't play as well as they could have in a contract season. Next season said player is only going to be better and it will be easier to sign said player to a "value" contract.

I am a huge fan of this kid and have been behind him the whole way from draft till current. I tried to stop the CDC "analysts" from putting a low ceiling on him right out of the draft and still some people who think they are expert scouts always trying to keep him down saying he will never be the guy, but I did then and still do now believe he has 1st line center written all over him. You cant teach tireless work ethic and this kids got it. He's only going to get better and better and continue to improve. Every team in the league would love to have Bo as part of their future.

horvat skate jersey.jpg

horvat cely.png

• Upvote 2