The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Haha wow, I said Nichushkin>Horvat on the first page of the thread.. got +10.

He has higher upside no doubt, no question about it ,as valeri actually also pushed for a top 5 spot, but in the end mike gillis wanted Bo horvat, a player who just scored 16 goals in 21 playoff games that year, he's a clutch player, that can be depended on both ends of the rink, it's one of those things were its do you rather have Bergeron or kovalchuk. mike gillis also had a rare top 10 pick with the way things were going quite dangerous to use the pick on a russian player. Bo horvat will probably never compete for the art Ross, but he will be an extremely important player comes playoff time.

The kids been getting better and better every single game he's played. Not going to lie, I didn't expect him to be this good. He's arguably the best 4th line center in the NHL right now and will be fighting Matthias for the 3rd line center role next season. In another years time Horvat may well be our 2nd line center and potting 20+ goals.

Notice how in the second half of the season, our skilled guys like the Sedins are dropping off in production while it's the big, strong, physical guys doing all this team's scoring right now? The young guns have the energy to last a full season, our vets are clearly playing injured or just plain tired.

CDC freaked out about something they knew nothing about? Colour me surprised.

Most of the people freaking out didn't even know what the 99 Award was before they were told. Their panic wasn't worth writing home about.

The Horvat stats were there but the fact was that we traded a young goaltender who was in the better (if not best) tandems in the NHL for a promising though totally unproven OHL player.

Things are always the same around here though. There will always be people who'll say they "called it" even though they were doubting the move at first like the rest of us.

I'm good with that, the Jet's would have to have rose coloured glasses on re: Lack though...

he used to play in winnipeg back on the moose, and his girlfriend is from there. the fans remember him and love him, and management most likely sees his potential.

Edited by avelanch

he used to play in winnipeg back on the moose, and his girlfriend is from there. the fans remember him and love him, and management most likely sees his potential.

Winnipeg does not need goalies though.

The Horvat stats were there but the fact was that we traded a young goaltender who was in the better (if not best) tandems in the NHL for a promising though totally unproven OHL player.

Things are always the same around here though. There will always be people who'll say they "called it" even though they were doubting the move at first like the rest of us.

Jordan Staal was traded for the 8th overall and B.Sutter. We all know goalies have less value on the trade market than big forwards or defenseman. So yes, Gillis could of gotten more, but he wasn't dealing in a position of power and he wasn't going to move Schneider to Edmonton either and help a rising (what we thought), rival franchise, just to get marginal players or picks along with the high 1st pick.

• Upvote 1

His production has shown improvement week to week. At this rate, I think he could even get to 30 points in 68; if he plays the remaining 30 games.

At his currently PPG rate, he is on pace for 21 points for 9 goals. I think he gets 25-30 pts with 10-13 goals . He's shown great improvement over the last 10 games.

I think we see him put in one of those bo-drags that have been just missing.

53 goes 53% on the dot in the 53rd game of his rookie season

Oh yeah and he got a goal to go with that :lol:

Pretty upset that we didn't seal the deal at 5-3 with an EN :bigblush:

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 2

4 points (1g, 3a) versus the Blackhawks in 2 games.

The Blackhawks play-by-play guy called him the "Blackhawks-killer" when he scored, before mentioning the 4 points in (at the time) 4.5 periods versus Chicago.

EDIT: He's also 67% (22/33 wins) in the faceoff circle against them.

Edited by Canucks1219
  • Upvote 1

For once in a long time, the Canucks have two of the best bottom 6 centers in the league. Sure Matthiad and Horvat are currently on hot streaks, but that combo of size, speed and scoring down the middle is the biggest reason we're scoring goals and winning games right now with Bonino playing injured.

Next season I want to see Horvat score 20 goals, 40ish points and really push for our second line center spot.

Bo Horvat is going to anchor this team for a long time. Already at nineteen, he plays a responsible defensive game, is one of the teams best face-off men, and now is showing he can put up points even if it's not the most stylish of ways. He makes smart dependable plays that give his linemates chances to develop offense. And every game he gets better. In a few years, he will get his timing down and be able to make those stylish plays. He is a 2 way center a team can build around. I have confidence in this guy.

• Upvote 3

To be honest, I was one of the big doubters originally. I wanted Nichushkin and I wanted him bad, at a time when physicality/scoring was/still is one of our biggest issues I couldn't believe we passed up on that kid. But two years down the road I couldn't have been more wrong about Bo.

Even if he doesn't end up being a top six guy points wise the kid is a born leader. You can see it in his demeanour and the persistent, blue collar way he approaches the game night in and night out. Our future still is a little hazy with our prospect pool in its current state but its damn good to know we have a gem like this kid paving the way for the next generation.

Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo, we all chant when he lifts the Stanley Cup.

Guy gets goals by going to the net hard and with a purpose. Once he starts getting goals off the rush and in the cycle game I can see him being a perennial 20G guy with a couple 30 goal seasons.

We'll have to wait and see if this is simply a nice hot streak he's on or if it's just his trajectory but MAN he's taken flight lately.

I've been pretty pro-Bo from the get go and one of the stronger proponents for him sticking with the big squad at the beginning of the year...but his play in the last few weeks has exceeded what even I was expecting from him towards the END of this year, never mind just passed the midway point.

If he can keep anything close to this up or *gulp* continue improving this season...holy hell! :shock::towel: