The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brandon Sutter on Sportsnet 650:

On how he's feeling: "I feel pretty good, everything seems to be squared away now and I'm looking forward to the season. there's a lot of optimism around the team and we're looking forward to getting going."

On everyone having a role: "We have a group of top 6 guys, and the rest of us will fill out the rest of the line-up. For me, I want to come back in and play the role I'm comfortable with. We'll leave it to Petey and Brock to score all the goals."

Don't like that last part about leaving it to Petey and brock to score all the goals... This team has enough guys that can all chip in 15-20+ goals each. This reads to me as "I'm gonna play a defensive game, dont look at my stats or lack of production, that's not my job"

I thought Sutter had bigger balls than that

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Don't like that last part about leaving it to Petey and brock to score all the goals... This team has enough guys that can all chip in 15-20+ goals each. This reads to me as "I'm gonna play a defensive game, dont look at my stats or lack of production, that's not my job"

I agree. Is Sutter trying to be funny? I find Sutter and Eriksson to be a little similar in their attitudes, effort, production, etc. Both are on the downslopes of their careers, and maybe they feel they don't need to do much at this stage? Well, Brandon, you will be traded at the TDL, while he Canucks head into the playoffs. I hope you're comfortable with that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I agree. Is Sutter trying to be funny? I find Sutter and Eriksson to be a little similar in their attitudes, effort, production, etc. Both are on the downslopes of their careers, and maybe they feel they don't need to do much at this stage? Well, Brandon, you will be traded at the TDL, while he Canucks head into the playoffs. I hope you're comfortable with that.

Possible he was trying to be funny. Hard to tell the tone when reading what he said. I agree with you on the loui comparison

2 hours ago, Kushman said:

I would be much more concerned if he had said he was going to leave all the goal prevention to Beagle and Loui

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brandon Sutter on Sportsnet 650:

On how he's feeling: "I feel pretty good, everything seems to be squared away now and I'm looking forward to the season. there's a lot of optimism around the team and we're looking forward to getting going."

On everyone having a role: "We have a group of top 6 guys, and the rest of us will fill out the rest of the line-up. For me, I want to come back in and play the role I'm comfortable with. We'll leave it to Petey and Brock JT Miller to score all the goals."

Fixed that.

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Why be reasonable in our thoughts when we can overreact and claim a NHL level athlete doesn't care about the sport or giving any effort?

woah, I thought I slipped back into the Loui thread

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, -AJ- said:

I think y'all are reading too much into Sutter's comments. I read it as "my primary job is defense", not as "we should just slack off on offense and let two guys do it all."

Yeah. Imo he is just saying that he knows his role and our top kids will be our primary offensive drivers. Sutter kind of tried to step up as a top 6 forward before. Jim acquired him for that role. This is Sutter accepting and defining his role as a defensive first C. 

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Sutter kind of tried to step up as a top 6 forward before. Jim acquired him for that role. 

That's a bit of a mis read IMO.

I think he was acquired as a guy who could fill in in the middle 6 while waiting for kids to arrive/develop, while heavily sheltering them. I don't think he or Benning thought he was a traditional or 'legit' 2C at any point but he could fill in there while kids arrived and play '2C' minutes, if not the 'normal' role.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's a bit of a mis read IMO.

I think he was acquired as a guy who could fill in in the middle 6 while waiting for kids to arrive/develop, while heavily sheltering them. I don't think he or Benning thought he was a traditional or 'legit' 2C at any point but he could fill in there while kids arrived and play '2C' minutes, if not the 'normal' role.

Could be true. Jim was selling him as a potential #2. He never did outright say he's a #2 C even tho he wanted it to be so.

Wishful thinking on Jim's part. :lol:

Edited by Rush17