The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander Edler | #23 | D

-SN-

11 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

The cap hit would probably be too high

Doesn't matter though. Petey and Hughes not up for renewal for 2 more seasons. 

If Edler is willing to give up terms, I would go as high as 7-8 mil for 2 years. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Agreed.  Edler for two years at 8 per?  I’m interested in seeing what the younger second tier D men get on July first.  Meyers might be 7 x 7?  

2 minutes ago, khay said:

If Edler is willing to give up terms, I would go as high as 7-8 mil for 2 years. 

Who steps up to take Edler’s place for the 40 games he’s injured?  Hutton?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who steps up to take Edler’s place for the 40 games he’s injured?  Hutton?  

who steps up and plays his minutes for the games he is healthy? it is alright to move on from him if you have a suitable replacement. edler is a horse and plays a ton of minutes a game. 

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

who steps up and plays his minutes for the games he is healthy? it is alright to move on from him if you have a suitable replacement. edler is a horse and plays a ton of minutes a game. 

I agree Joe.  Edler logs the hardest minutes.  EK and Edler would make for a really good top pair.  We are a playoff team with that top pair.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree Joe.  Edler logs the hardest minutes.  EK and Edler would make for a really good top pair.  We are a playoff team with that top pair.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

doesn’t EK want to sign back east if he doesn’t resign in SJ.?

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

doesn’t EK want to sign back east if he doesn’t resign in SJ.?

Likely he signs with an eastern US team, like the Rangers.  I just wonder if he misses the star factor he gets playing in a Canadian city?  He looks like a guy who likes the attention.  

3 hours ago, khay said:

Good god....I like Edler but no way in hell he is worth 7 or 8 million per year. That would screw up the entire team pay scale.  No thanks...let him walk first.

4 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

3 hours ago, khay said:

I agree with @khay. I'm not sure I'd go as high as $8M, but I would definitely be willing to significantly overpay for just 2 years to get out of this situation. It's not like we're going to be in cap trouble in the next two years.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

So disappointing.

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Puts us in a huge pickle if true. Depending on how we fill the gap, this could dramatically alter my expectations for this team next year. 

#premature exasperation

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Puts us in a huge pickle if true. Depending on how we fill the gap, this could dramatically alter my expectations for this team next year. 

Isn't next year's draft supposed to be fantastic?  Maybe the owner and JB are on the "not so stealth" tank train?

I bet the Canucks have a pretty good idea what Eddy will get on the open market, and are just waiting for Eddy to find out the same.  Plus, I think JB is all over Gardiner, and will sign him if Eddy doesn't sign with us before July 1.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Isn't next year's draft supposed to be fantastic?  Maybe the owner and JB are on the "not so stealth" tank train?

I bet the Canucks have a pretty good idea what Eddy will get on the open market, and are just waiting for Eddy to find out the same.  Plus, I think JB is all over Gardiner, and will sign him if Eddy doesn't sign with us before July 1.  

I think we've shown we're ready to start trending up, Alf. If we get worse next year, I would get worried. I don't think any of the available FAs are as good as Edler was last year, though who knows what next year could bring. 

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Too bad if true. Would be great to come to terms, but if the NMC is a must on his end then I think the Canucks have no choice but to let him walk. Would have been great to have him for a few more years or have been able to move him for something back. 

With Karlsson off the market now too it only increases his value as a UFA.

Edited by Bobby James