The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander Edler | #23 | D

-SN-

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Just came here to post this but you beat me haha

If Edler signs elsewhere in FA, is he going to be on Canucks fans “boo list?” He would essentially be pulling what Tavares pulled, how would that sit with you all?  I wouldn’t have a problem raining boo’s, but I’m not a season ticket holder.

48 minutes ago, Bo53 said:

If Edler signs elsewhere in FA, is he going to be on Canucks fans “boo list?” He would essentially be pulling what Tavares pulled, how would that sit with you all?  I wouldn’t have a problem raining boo’s, but I’m not a season ticket holder.

It would certainly put a sour taste in my mouth after he (allegedly) nixed a trade to Calgary that included at 1st and a top defensive prospect, if the trade included an extension. So if he ended up leaving anyway.. likely to a western conference team.. I would be rattled but ok with the cap space gained and no NMC. If he signed somewhere with only a NTC I'd boo him.

1 hour ago, Bo53 said:

It doesn't worry me that there hasn't been much in the way of contract talks.  JB knows that Edler REALLY wants to stay in Vancouver.  I sure they can work something out that is good for both parties.  There's still alot of time left to sort that out.

JB has other details that have to be dealt with in the nearer future.

And no.  I would never boo Eddie.

3 hours ago, Bo53 said:

Booing Kesler doesn’t make a whole lot of sense honestly. He played his ass off when he was here. When he decided that he wanted to move on, he exercised the rights afforded to him by the clauses in his contract. 

Edler shouldn’t be booed if he moves on either. If Benning is holding out because Edler wants an NMC I’m glad to hear that. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, Boudrias said:

I agree with you. Edler was the best Vancouver d-man last season. He has offence and plays a serious physical game in his d-zone. I want him back but agree with you that a NMC is out of the question during the Seattle draft year. He can have the NMC before that year but that is it. Not signing Edler means Van has to hold on to Tanev. I have wanted to move Tanev for 3 years now. One of those 2 should be going. All this said Van has to make TOI available on the d-core for the young d-men coming up. 

I would be happy to keep Edler for 1 more year and then lose him in the expansion draft to Seattle.

Move Tanev this Summer at the draft table and then Edler next year to Seattle..  I would be happy to see his contract attractively “set up” for that to happen.

Edler should be happy about that because it’s a 1 hr flight between YVR and SeaTac.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Booing Kesler doesn’t make a whole lot of sense honestly. He played his ass off when he was here. When he decided that he wanted to move on, he exercised the rights afforded to him by the clauses in his contract. 

Edler shouldn’t be booed if he moves on either. If Benning is holding out because Edler wants an NMC I’m glad to hear that. 

Haha yeah right.

kesler certainly DID deserve the negative reaction he got from Canuck fans. Unlike a lot of recent Canuck prospects, kesler was of a very low character. Ask his team mates (or their wives). I think a couple of his team mates would probably like to, and deserve, to beat the living hell outta him.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

19 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Funny how people only started saying this once he was gone.  

When Linden was playing, he even had a little chat with Kesler in regards to the situation with Umberger.  

Whatever beef or opinion, you never have one PA member attack another PA member regarding contract.  

I loved Edler and he said he loved the Canucks.

Yet the guy refuses to waive at the deadline to help the team and now he won't resign? lol...ok eddy  :sadno:

If the guy won't resign without a NMC move on from him JB. We would be a better team with him but if he is being a selfish dbag then he can beat it.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Why yikes?  Guys an awesome player but he’s not young and wanting an nmc for the expansion is a deal breaker imho. 

Yikes because the defense was paper thin with him in the lineup.  Without him, the Canucks will surely have to overpay for a UFA, or through trade.

I agree that he should not be given a nmc, and if that is the hangup, then it is time to move on.  It does, however, put the Canucks in a compromised position.

Yikes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:15 AM, 73 Percent said:

Yeah and while he was here he was in a leadership role.

It seemed like Kesler had matured and went on to have a mammoth of a season and then he didn't get the C and he reverted right back to being a douche.