The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is kinda laughable to see the Gudbranson honeymoon over. Cred doesn't last long in Canuckville. I'm listening to the 1040 clown equating Gudbranson to Alberts. Memory is short term around the Canucks. Last year is a long time ago.

I want to see either Edler or Tanev moved for forward assets not because of their play but for the return they should bring back and how that would compliment the development timeline of this rebuild. When fans criticize the performance of this young d-core they should consider the lack of goal production that would help lower those numbers. This young core is faster, bigger and more physical. They are protecting their net better and winning more board battles which has improved the d-zone exits. Their play is the biggest + of the season to date.  

Which clown in particular? 1040 is like one of those small cars at the circus, that has an endless supply of them pouring out. I am really liking the defense and see it just getting better with the passage of time.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

It's real easy to forget that this guy is still only 24. He's already a veteran presence and he's doing a lot of teaching to the younger guys. I can't begrudge his mistakes right now, because he is still learning his game as well. I feel like 27 year old Guddy is going to be a nightmare for teams to handle.

Damn rights!

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Which clown in particular? 1040 is like one of those small cars at the circus, that has an endless supply of them pouring out. I am really liking the defense and see it just getting better with the passage of time.

It's always hilarious how angry they sound when they call in too :lol:

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It is kinda laughable to see the Gudbranson honeymoon over. Cred doesn't last long in Canuckville. I'm listening to the 1040 clown equating Gudbranson to Alberts. Memory is short term around the Canucks. Last year is a long time ago.

I want to see either Edler or Tanev moved for forward assets not because of their play but for the return they should bring back and how that would compliment the development timeline of this rebuild. When fans criticize the performance of this young d-core they should consider the lack of goal production that would help lower those numbers. This young core is faster, bigger and more physical. They are protecting their net better and winning more board battles which has improved the d-zone exits. Their play is the biggest + of the season to date.  

There will always be a certain segment of the fanbase (sentimentally referred to as CDC'ing) that needs a scapegoat. If it's not Gudbranson, it's someone else. Every year.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

There will always be a certain segment of the fanbase (sentimentally referred to as CDC'ing) that needs a scapegoat. If it's not Gudbranson, it's someone else. Every year.

It's almost every week. Larsen-Sbisa-Hutton-now Gudbranson. Always Edler! That's only on the backend.  

• Upvote 1

I have had enough of Badbranson, When are we going to get Gudbranson? :P

That being said, It is much harder for defencemen to change from the East Division to the West than the other way around

Some recent examples are

Gudbranson

Dougie Hamilton

Subban

Tyler Myers

Shea Weber went the other way and probably has a Norris trophy getting engraved right now

Edited by Mackcanuck

It takes Cherry to notice that the visor was gone. After all these years he is still light years ahead of MacLean. That idiot wanted lawyers in the stands to make sure Vanouver did not take liberties with the young Laffers. The Laffers have their way with the Canucks in TO and then worry about what 'might' happen in Vancouver. So worried they fly NHL brass into town to waive the Canucks off. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Of course it worked.

• Upvote 1