The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

if only we drafted Severson over mallet, theadore over shink, Kopitar over Bourdon, oh wait that was nonis...

In the 2nd round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Jim Hargreaves but they should have taken either Errol Thompson, Fred Barret, Bill Clement or Mike Murphy.

In the 3rd round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Ed Dyck but they should have taken either Bob Kelly, Yvon Lambert or even Gerry O'Flaherty even though he ended up on the Canucks anyway

In the 5th round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Bill McFadden but they shoud have taken either Billy Smith, Rick Wilson or Gilles Meloche

In the 6th round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Dave Gilmour but they should have taken Terry Murray or even Hank Nowak

this could get exciting

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

In the 2nd round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Jim Hargreaves but they should have taken either Errol Thompson, Fred Barret, Bill Clement or Mike Murphy.

In the 3rd round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Ed Dyck but they houd have taken either Bob Kelly, Yvon Lambert or even Gerry O'Flaherty even though he ended up on the Canucks anyway

In the 5th round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Bill McFadden but they shoud have taken either Billy Smith, Rick Wils0on or Gilles Meloche

In the 6th round of the 1970 draft, the Canucks took Dave Gilmour but they should have taken Terry Murray or even Hank Nowak

this could get exciting

Every time I read your posts I want to eat deer jerky and popcorn.

I think was a draft we could have had Daryl Sitler too. I forget who the forgettable guy was took instead :(

I always hate all the we should have taken this player, or that player talk. Who's to say those players would have developed into what they are if we'd drafted them. Different coaching, different direction, different situation could all play a pretty large factor to me.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

Pedan likes to rush the puck up the ice but doesn't have the speed or agility to do so and gets caught out of position a lot. It'll be tough for him to snag a spot with the positional skating ability and defensive awareness of our other prospects.

I think Pedan ends up being a Adam McQuad type of Dman, stay at home dman with size and some agility with but with pure toughness.

But on topic... man oh man... Hutton reminds me of when Edler just entered the leauge. and its a good thing. Edler has been a very good dman for us, Hutton is a tad more offensively skilled then Edler at the same age.

I'm not sure about that but I can't see Hutten staying with Sbisa very long if he keeps playing well. He already needs a better partner.

I think the best thing for Hutton is to have a constant partner. That way he doesn't have to adapt to his partner's style and can worry about just getting better.

I think the best thing for Hutton is to have a constant partner. That way he doesn't have to adapt to his partner's style and can worry about just getting better.

Yes, that's true. Plus, Hutton and Sbisa are both relatively young and can develope together.

Yes we do. Tanev and Hutton should be a pair, leaving Edler and ? for the other top four pair.

Tanev has too many similarities to form a complimentary pairing IMO. They'd be 'OK' but I think Hutton can do better than 'ok' with the right partner.

Hutton would arguably play best with a right handed Edler (or better) IMO.

Future Hutton/Chychrun pairing? :D

Tanev has too many similarities to form a complimentary pairing IMO. They'd be 'OK' but I think Hutton can do better than 'ok' with the right partner.

Hutton would arguably play best with a right handed Edler (or better) IMO.

Future Hutton/Chychrun pairing? :D

Who is Chychurn? Is he one of our young Russian prospects - like Padan and Tryamkin?

Yet to be drafted NHL D prospect wet dream.

Google him.

Okay, we are going to seriously have to tank, and then get really lucky with the ping pong balls to draft this guy. He's got to go 1 or 2.

We should tank! I'm all for tanking now! Tank tank and tank.

Okay, we are going to seriously have to tank, and then get really lucky with the ping pong balls to draft this guy. He's got to go 1 or 2.

We should tank! I'm all for tanking now! Tank tank and tank.

Probably go 2nd or 3rd. We might be able to 'buy' that pick with the return from trading Vrbata, Hamhuis and maybe our own 1st or a prospect like Shinkaruk or Subban.

Or win the lotto lol. We're not tanking without some major injuries.