The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

50 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I don't think he'll suffer the sophmore jinx . Which I think mostly applies to forwards..and our forwards can only go up next season scoring wise. I think Hutton should get more time on the pp less Edler please

Edler is great on the power play!...if the objective was to hit shinguards. I wouldn't mind seeing Gudbranson-Hutton with the Sedins for the passing of Hutton and the right shot bomb of Gudbranson. Unlikely to last long since we need to have a forward on the back end for pp time as well as Edler+Larsen, but it'd be interesting to see. 

Edited by IBacon Strips
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Why?

They have Sedins and Eriksson for first line, but horvat/sutter/baer/rodin probably will all need pp time and baer played the point well last year. They also might prefer to keep Gud as a defensive only guy kinda like Tanev so they aren't too taxed playing all special teams. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:06 PM, Boddy604 said:

I only played to Junior A. My great uncle was a former Canuck though. Gregg Boddy. Dad was an assistant in the OHL. Bit of a hockey family. Should've stuck with it.

I remember your uncle playing. Big guy who liked to hit.

I honestly cannot say that I have seen Gudbranson play a lot. A solid 2nd pairing should reduce Edler and Tanev's ice time which over a season work much better. IMHO Gudbranson is the biggest question mark going into the season. If he comes out as reported his impact could affect all the d-core pairings. Van has not had a big physical d-man for many years.

• Upvote 1

Hutton managed 25 pts in 75 games later year. What is a realistic expectation this year points wise. 

I'm hoping for 30. 35 if he finds himself on the top pp unit for a significant amount of time.

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 1